[Capdist-announce] press release/ Town Players/ staged reading/ July 31

Laura G devster7 at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 15:01:50 EDT 2016

Town Players of Pittsfield is pleased to announce a staged reading of “Jake Revolver, Freelance Secret Agent,” a radio-noir parody by Matthew Konkel, directed by Jerry Greene. The performance will be held on Sunday, July 31st at 2 p.m. at the Whitney Center for the Arts, 42 Wendell Avenue in Pittsfield.

In a world where betrayal is the standard, passions run wild, and you never know if the next terrifying sound will be stampeding hooves or an eggbeater, one man must do anything to find the answer to the question he wasn’t even prepared to ask: who killed the Narrator? “Jake Revolver, Freelance Secret Agent” will bring you on a journey through the seedy underbelly of San Noir City, as our titular investigator and his frenemies read their lines again for the very first time. Who can be trusted? Who will survive? (If you guessed the Narrator, you’re not paying attention...) What makes Jitterz Whole Bean Coffee so darn good? All will be revealed, but only if you come to the reading of the script of the play of a radio show! Too confusing? You ain’t heard nothin’ yet!

Starring in this extravaganza of mayhem, self-reference, and all the puns ever, in order of appearance are: Devin Trager, Nancy Hammell, Thomas Suski, Stephanie Disbrow, Meredith Hamilton, Samuel Mikit, Laura Gardner, Dylan Turner, Dana Grieb, and Kristin O’Connor.

So please join us as we travel back to 1940’s San Noir City, a place that really used to exist, we promise. Admission is $5, but the laughter is worth at least four times that much!