[Capdist-announce] Fwd: HH Opera Press Rel

Kate Johnson kate at hubbardhall.org
Mon Jul 31 16:40:06 EDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kate Johnson <kate at hubbardhall.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 4:38 PM
Subject: HH Opera Press Rel

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PHOTOS ATTACHED*

Contact:

Kate Johnson

Hubbard Hall

518-677-2495 <(518)%20677-2495>

kate at hubbardhall.org

*HUBBARD HALL CENTER FOR THE ARTS AND EDUCATION INVITES YOU TO*

*DONIZETTI’S THE ELIXIR OF LOVE!*

(Cambridge, NY July 31, 2017) Hubbard Hall is pleased to once again bring
opera to Washington County! *L’elisir d’amore (The elixir of love)* is the
twelfth orchestra production to grace the Hubbard Hall stage since 2008.
Bringing back the dream team that brought you 2013’s *The Barber of Seville*,
conductor Maria Sensi Sellner and director Andrew Nienaber have joined
forces once again to bring Donizetti’s romantic comedy right into your lap!
The entire opera is set in a nightclub cabaret where Nemorino, a local
villager played by the stunning tenor Christopher Lucier, will do anything
to gain the affections of the beautiful and brilliant Adina, played by
crystal clear soprano Lindsay Ohse, even when a sergeant with status,
Belcore, played by robust & steady baritone Patrick McNally, has set his
sights on her. The premium seating at cabaret tables sets the audience
right in the middle of the action, a truly rare opera-going experience!

Mr. Lucier, Ms. Ohse, and Mr. McNally have performed these roles under the
same conductor and director previously at Resonance Works, a company
founded by Ms. Sensi Sellner, in Pittsburgh. After discussing the
possibility of revisiting the production, Hubbard Hall’s Executive and
Artistic Director David Andrew Snider was thrilled to bring this unique
opera experience to the Hall. “This opera is fun, in your face, and
thrilling, with some of the most gorgeous Italian you’ll ever hear,” says
Snider.  “It’s accessible AND gorgeous – the best of both worlds. I know
our audiences are going to love it.”

Rounding out the main cast, we welcome back the dynamic and hilarious
Andrew Adelsberger (last seen at the Hall in 2014’s *Gianni Schicchi*) as
Dulcamara, the seller of the “love potion” purchased by Nemorino and
newcomer to the Hall, soprano Rebecca Shorstein joins the cast as Adina’s
trusted friend Gianetta. The chorus is made up of local talent who also
function as the night club’s waitstaff and our 17 piece local orchestra
will be set on the stage overlooking the action.

Guests at our premium seating will not only be in the middle of the events
unfolding, but will also enjoy nibbles and wine provided by the Roundhouse
Café.

Opera performances are:
Friday, August 11 at 7pm Opening Night

Saturday, August 12 at 7pm

Wednesday, August 16 at 7pm

Friday, August 18 at 7pm

Sunday, August 20 at 2pm

For those unavailable to attend the opera but who would still like a chance
to see these amazing artists perform, you are welcome to attend our
outreach opportunity in Saratoga! On Saturday, August 5 at 2pm, the cast
will be performing selections for the Saratoga Springs Public Library at 49
Henry St. in Saratoga Springs.

Premium Packages for the opera are available through our website or our box
office at 518-677-2495 <(518)%20677-2495> ext. 311. For $150, individuals
can enjoy a premium seat, dinner or breakfast at Round House Bakery Cafe,
and a room at Motel Cambridge ($250 for couples).  Tickets are $60 for
Premium Seating with complementary charcuterie and wine, $45 for Riser
Seating, $25 for Students and can be purchased online, through our Box
Office at 518-677-2495 <(518)%20677-2495>, or at the door until we are sold
out. Tickets are already going fast, so to ensure that you are not turned
away, please reserve your tickets in advance!

*About Hubbard Hall Center for the Arts and Education *Since 1878 Hubbard
Hall has developed, produced, and presented theater, music, dance and the
visual arts. From 19thcentury vaudeville and traveling troupes performing
Shakespeare to today’s newest developing artists, the Hall has long been a
home for theater, opera, dance, and music and in recent years has developed
into a world-class development center for new work. Through classes in
dance, theater, music, movement, puppetry, fencing, and even gardening,
Hubbard Hall gives students of all ages an opportunity to learn,
collaborate and grow. By offering arts education programming in schools and
throughout our region, we connect more deeply with our community and give
students throughout the region the opportunity to learn and grow through
the arts. Recognized as a leading arts institution in the state of New
York, Hubbard Hall is a national model for community-based arts
organizations. Hubbard Hall is located at 25 East Main Street in Cambridge,
NY. For more information on this and all of our programs, or to purchase
tickets, register for classes, make a donation, and/or become a Hubbard
Hall Pass carrier please visit www.hubbardhall.org or call (518) 677-2495.

--
Kate Johnson
Production & Communications Manager
kate at hubbardhall.org
Hubbard Hall Projects, Inc.  25 E. Main St.  Cambridge, NY 12816

kate at hubbardhall.org
Hubbard Hall Projects, Inc.  25 E. Main St.  Cambridge, NY 12816