[Capdist-announce] Improv show for seniors

Michael Burns michaelburns57 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 11:38:01 EDT 2017

For Immediate Release
3/30/17

Contact: Michael Burns
(518)248-7430
michaelburns at mopco.org <mailto:michaelburns at mopco.org>
Website: mopco.org

Mopco Offers “Laughternoon” Show for Area Seniors
Schenectady’s Premier Improv Theatre Offers Daytime Shows for Seniors

Who says improv is just for the young’uns?
Laughternoon: an afternoon of fun, interactive comedy and music at the Mopco Improv Theatre, is specifically designed for older audience members.  This month’s show is Tuesday, April 4, 2017, at 2:00pm. Tickets: online at mopco.org/shows/ or by phone at 518-577-MPCO (6726). $9 includes complimentary tea or coffee and a cookie. A discounted ticket ($8) is available to groups of ten or more.

The Laughternoon show is part of an effort to involve a diverse range of people in improv activities. “At our first ‘Laughternoon’ we had so much fun” said director Michael Burns, “asking the audience what they wanted to see, singing improvised songs with them, and having some willing volunteers help us out on stage. Plus, one gentleman said his cookie was ‘the best oatmeal raisin cookie I ever had!’ We had four generations creating together in one room--and it was a blast!”

The Mopco Improv Theatre offers improv shows, weeknight classes for adults, and a Sunday youth troupe. With the new showtime, Mopco opens the doors to a new contingent of elder comedy fans looking for a fun day out with friends.

The theatre, a historic firehouse, is in the heart of Schenectady’s Little Italy. In addition to complimentary coffee or tea and cookie, patrons can choose to lunch at one of the celebrated N. Jay Italian eateries, or have some popcorn,  a hot dog, or grilled cheese on a ciabatta roll accompanied by a craft beer or cider right in The Mopco’s own cafe.

###
Michael Burns
Artistic Director
The Mopco Improv Theatre