[Capdist-announce] for all May monthly publications and event calendars - Our Town at the Ghent Playhouse

Linda Murawski lindam4gph at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:40:28 EDT 2018

*Press Release*                                        Contact:
Linda Murawski  (Lindam4GPH at gmail.com) for

Date:  April 6, 2018
The Ghent Playhouse   518 392-6264

                6 Town Hall Place, Ghent, NY  12075
*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

*Our Town** at the Ghent Playhouse*

A story of daily life, love & marriage and death & eternity in a small
American town nestled in at 42°40′ north latitude and 70°37′ west longitude.
This production is directed by John Trainor and runs May 18, 2018 through
June 3, 2018.

 Set in the fictional town of Grover’s Corners, Thornton Wilder’s
masterpiece is narrated by a Stage Manager and performed with minimal props
and sets as the audience follows the Webb and Gibbs families, as their
children fall in love, marry, and eventually - in one of the most famous
scenes in American theater history – die.   The Ghent Playhouse is thrilled
to present the playwright’s definitive version of *Our Town*, described by
Edward Albee as “… the greatest American play ever written.”  Winner of the
1938 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.

The cast includes Eric Washburn, Joe Kelly, Susan Dantz, Quinn Haley, Tula
Haley, Brett Bishoff, Amy Hausknecht, Meaghan Rogers, Clyde Drake, Ely
Loskowitz, Kathy Marin Wohlfeld, Sam Reilly, Gene Fox, Nathaniel Drake,
Mark Lant, Bob Walker, Bill Shein, Karen McNulty, Randi Lant, Julie
Valliere, Christina Harrigan, Amy Loskowitz and Alice Roth.

This production is produced by Playhouse President Kelly Mackerer.  Artistic
Director Cathy Lee-Visscher is the set designer.  Arielle Lant is the stage
manager.  Costumes by Joanne Maurer and Lighting design by Izzy Filkins.

Friday and Saturday performances are at 8 pm and Sunday matinees are at 2
pm.  Tickets are $22 each, $17 for Members of the Playhouse and $10 for
Students with ID.  Tickets may be reserved by calling 1-800-838-3006 or
going to the website at www.ghentplayhouse.org.  And, thanks to our
wonderful patrons and sponsors, the Ghent Playhouse is now air conditioned!

Photo caption:  Ely Loskowitz and Joe Kelly rehearsing a scene from Our
Town at The Ghent

                            Photo Credit:  Bob Walker

--
*Linda Murawski*, Office Manager & Publicity person for The Ghent
Playhouse, an all-volunteer community theater located in beautiful Columbia

6 Town Hall Place, Ghent, NY  12075  (518) 392-6264