[Capdist-announce] NEWS: COMING THIS MAY: THE HMT DREAM AUCTION

Office Manager info at homemadetheater.org
Mon Apr 16 10:03:27 EDT 2018

For Immediate Release

April 16, 2017

Contact: Stacie Mayette Barnes

(518)587-4427

stacie at homemadetheater.org

COMING THIS MAY: THE HMT DREAM AUCTION

AND NEW EVENT

Home Made Theater Announces Online Auction

and Its Official, Unofficial Start of Summer

Home Made Theater announces two new fundraising events happening in the
month of May. Starting off the month is the HMT Dream Auction, an online
only opportunity for the public to bid on a variety of items using eBay for
Charity.  Wrapping up the month, on May 31st will be the Official,
Unofficial Start of Summer event.

>From May 1st through May 7th, the HMT Dream Auction will be a fun way for
anyone to bid on over 50 items including: A Classic Harbor Line cruise in
New York City, a cooking class, Williamstown Theatre Festival tickets among
others, a variety of dinner gift certificates, and getaways, plus a unique
opportunity to have breakfast with Saratoga Springs firefighters. Starting
May 1st you can view and bid on the auction items at HMT's special auction
web site, https://homemadetheater.org/special-events/hmt-dream-auction/ .

Home Made Theater made the decision to go online with their annual auction
to reach more of their supporters. Stacie Mayette Barnes, Producing Manager
of HMT, stated, "Our HMT family is spread out far and wide, and many of our
friends could not make it to our annual benefit. This online auction gives
all of our supporters a chance to participate."

In place of HMT's previous benefit, this year they will offer the Official,
Unofficial Start of Summer event starting at 5 p.m. on May 31. Held at
Sinclair Saratoga, the event will include a corn hole tournament, the
traditional HMT Cake Walk, raffles, delicious food from Buddah Noodle and a
cash bar. Each $25 ticket includes a drink voucher. Barnes said the new
event was designed to engage the younger members of the local theater
community. "We have so many young actors, crew and volunteers in the region
who were more interested in an event like this than a traditional benefit,"
said Barnes. "We wanted to do something to make them feel welcome as well."

About Home Made Theater: Home Made Theater is a not-for-profit theater
company committed to enhancing the cultural life of the Saratoga region. As
the resident company in the historic Spa Little Theater, their mission is to
offer high quality theater productions of outstanding plays, produced by a
dedicated group of professionally minded artists, to offer classes in the
theater arts to people of all ages, and to provide the opportunity for
exciting and rewarding participation in all aspects of the theater.

HMT produces a four-show season, between October and May. It offers dinner
theater packages with area restaurants for the three "main-stage"
productions. Each December, HMT offers a "Theater for Families" production.
HMT also provides acting classes for children, teens, and adults.

For more information, please visit their website at
https://homemadetheater.org.

###

Erin Nicole Harrington | Office Manager
HMT at the Spa Little Theater

HMT at the Spa Little Theater

2017-18 - our 33rd season

Oct 2017:  Peter and the starcatcher

Dec 2017:  a CHRISTMAS carol

Feb 2018:  inspecting carol

Apr/May 2018:  joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat

 <http://www.homemadetheater.org/> www.homemadetheater.org

518-587-4427

 <https://twitter.com/HMTSaratoga> twitter
<http://www.youtube.com/user/HomeMadeTheater> youtube