[Capdist-announce] NEWS: Home Made Theater Goes Home to Caffè Lena

Office Manager info at homemadetheater.org
Fri Jun 15 14:36:03 EDT 2018

For Immediate Release

June 15, 2008

Contact: Erin Harrington

(518) 587-4427

info at homemadetheater.org

Home Made Theater Goes Home to Caffè Lena

In 1985 Home Made Theater, Saratoga’s resident theater company, got their
start at Caffè Lena with a production of WAIT UNTIL DARK. This July 19th a
handful of HMT regulars will “go home” to Lena’s and showcase their love of
Broadway musicals in a cabaret evening.

The performance will be directed by and feature Dawn Oesch, who most
recently directed JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT at HMT this
past Spring. Joining Ms. Oesch will be a company of HMT veterans, including
JJ Buechner, last seen at HMT as Man in Chair in THE DROWSY CHAPERONE, Nik
Gatzendorfer, whose last HMT appearance was as Pinocchio in SHREK THE
MUSICAL, and Melissa Lacijan, Keenon McCollum and Molly Rose McGrath, all of
whom appeared in JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT. The
accompanist will be Val Lord.

Caffè Lena’s Executive Director, Sarah Craig, had this to say about the
event: “Caffè Lena is famous for spotting talent early. That happened with
Home Made Theater, which got its start in Lena's Black Box Theater. HMT has
given early theatrical opportunities to countless young artists, and I like
to think that Caffè Lena may have played an early role in shaping that
commitment. We can't wait to have the Home Made Theater crew back under our
roof for a night. Both of our organizations have grown tremendously since we
last worked together.”

HMT’s Producing Manager, Stacie Mayette Barnes, expressed similar
sentiments. “For HMT it truly feels like a homecoming. We were so lucky to
have Lena’s as a home for our first two productions. While we’ll be on the
stage in the caffè this time, instead of the theater space, being back at
Lena’s means a great deal to us.  We’re thrilled that Sarah reached out to
invite us back for this special night.”

The cabaret at Caffè Lena will be at 7:30 on July 19th. Tickets are $20 for
general admission, $18 for members, and $10 for students/children. They are
available at http://www.caffelena.org/.

###

Erin Nicole Harrington | Office Manager
HMT at the Spa Little Theater