[Capdist-announce] Callaloo Theater presents Having Our Say with Barbara Howard and Gwen Wright

Karen Christina Jones statestreet2424 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 11:49:56 EDT 2018

Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters' First
​ ​
Hundred Years

By Emily Mann

directed by Karen Christina Jones

With Barbara Howard and Gwen Wright

Two pioneering African American sisters, Bessie (Gwen Wright) 101 years old
and Sadie (Barbara Howard) 103 years old, recount the ups and downs of
their lives in this true story. Spanning from their childhood in North
Carolina at the end of the 19th century to the twilight of their lives in
New York more than a century later, "Having Our Say" follows the sisters as
they find success and happiness despite overwhelming odds
​
.
 Dates are Friday, June 1st at 7.00pm; Saturday, June 2nd at 7.00pm
​
​
; Sunday, June 3rd at 3.00pm & Friday, June 8th at 7.00pm; Saturday, June
9th at 7.00pm and Sunday, June 10th at 3.00pm.
At the New Covenant Christian Fellowship
365 Clinton Avenue Albany NY

Tickets are $25.00 and available at
https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3416412
or call 518.720.2011​