[Capdist-announce] Theater Voices presents "Marjorie Prime"

Tony Pallone tonypallone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 06:18:56 EDT 2018

[image: MarjoriePrimeGraphicvSquarew.jpg]
*Theater Voices will present a staged reading of “Marjorie Prime”* by
Jordan Harrison, directed by Krysta Dennis, on Friday, Oct. 12 at 8pm;
Saturday, Oct. 13 at 3pm and 8pm; and Sunday, Oct. 14 at 3pm at Steamer No.
10 Theatre, 500 Western Avenue, Albany.  House opens one half-hour before
performance. Admission is free.

With help from an intriguingly innovative technology in a future not far
from our present, 85-year-old Marjorie examines her past, sometimes
replacing her realities with idealized memories. Jordan Harrison’s
thoughtful, spare, subtly shattering work, a 2015 Pulitzer finalist,
explores the ways our humanity is shaped and warped by the mysterious ebbs
and flows of memory. What would we remember, and what would we forget,
given the power of authorship?

The cast features Carol Charniga, Evan Jones, Josephine O'Connor and Dennis
Schebetta. Stage manager is Eleah Peal.

For more information, please contact info at theatervoices.org.

Theater Voices of Albany is a group of dedicated actors and directors who,
throughout the company’s history, have presented both new and classic works
with the specific goal of emphasizing the richness of the playwrights’
language. Each production is a fully performed staged reading, with minimal
scenery and simple costumes. Theater Voices is a not-for-profit
organization under IRS 501(c)(3).