[Capdist-announce] PRESS RELEASE: BerkChique! - The Berkshires’ Popular Fashion Fundraiser Returns May 17-19

Gail Burns gail at wamtheatre.com
Mon May 13 08:09:33 EDT 2019

May 13, 2019

Contact: Vicki Bonnington, Event Chair

qvb51 at verizon.net; 617-227-7722

BerkChique.com

Images available at:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wamtheatre2/albums/72157708346720085

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BerkChique! - The Berkshires’ Popular Fashion Fundraiser

Returns May 17-19

WEST STOCKBRIDGE, MA (May 13, 2019) -  The Berkshires’ premier annual
pop-up clothing sale and fundraiser, BerkChique!, returns for its 8th
consecutive year Friday, May 17, through Sunday, May 19. The
much-anticipated, one-weekend-only pop-up will be held at the West
Stockbridge Historical Society, located at 9 Main Street, West Stockbridge,
MA.

Since its inception in 2012, BerkChique! has donated more than $180,000 to
support local nonprofits. This year the sale is being presented by and in
support of WAM Theatre and its programs, with additional donations going to
the Berkshire Humane Society, Community Access to the Arts, and IS183 Art
School of the Berkshires.

The annual event features new and gently-used clothing and accessories in a
variety of sizes, including casual and formal tops, dresses, sweaters,
blazers, coats, slacks, and jeans collected from some of the most
fashionable closets in the Berkshires -– all at amazing prices.  In
addition, Vicki Bonnington will again be bringing many hard-to-find and
one-of-a-kind designer pieces that you will not see anywhere else.

The sale kicks-off on Friday, May 17, with a First Dibs Shopping Party.
Those holding $100 VIP tickets get “first dibs” at the racks from
5:30-8:30pm. From 6:30-8:30pm, $25 ticket holders can join in the fun. The
Friday First Dibs Shopping Party features hors d’oeuvres compliments of The
Red Lion Inn and goodie bags with treats from Blue Q, Iredale Cosmetics and
more.

The weekend event will continue with FREE admission for all shoppers on
Saturday, May 18 from 10am-4pm and Sunday, May 19 from 10am-2pm.

Vicki Bonnington is the BerkChique! 2019 Event Chair and has been involved
with the event since the very first BerkChique! in 2012.  “BerkChique! 2019
will be our eighth event – I can hardly believe it! Every year we get a
little bit bigger and a little bit better -- and this year will be no
exception,” said Vicki. “My motto is, ‘if you come to BerkChique, I promise
you will go home with a treasure’, and it has been proven to be true.
Everywhere I go, someone tells me about that one great skirt or that
fantastic pair of shoes or that one-of-a-kind necklace they bought at
BerkChique. Come and check it out -- you will not be disappointed!”

This year, we are also excited to again have the generous support of Lead
Sponsor Annie Selke.

At the close of the sale, unsold items will be donated to the Berkshire
Humane Society’s Catwalk Boutique, Shakespeare & Company, The Soldier On
Women’s Program, Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires, Inc., and Suit
YourSelf – a program of Goodwill Berkshires that provides free workplace
attire to promote and support residents of Berkshire County and the
surrounding area who are entering the workforce.

“WAM Theatre is delighted to be the host of BerkChique! again this year,”
said Kristen van Ginhoven, Artistic Director of WAM Theatre. “It was so
much fun last year and so many of our ‘WAMily’ members became avid
BerkChique! shoppers. They all hoped we would do it again. We are excited
that WAM’s mission of creating opportunity for women and girls is such a
nice fit for BerkChique!. ”

BerkChique!’s Vicki Bonnington has long been a supporter of WAM Theatre,
and Vicki has personally been a source of fashion inspiration for WAM
Artistic Director Kristen van Ginhoven. It seemed a natural fit for WAM
Theatre to join with Vicki to put on the 2018 BerkChique! event. Through
this new partnership, the 2018 fashion fundraiser broke all previous
records for attendance, clothing donations, and sales.

Purchasers of $100 VIP tickets will enjoy ‘first dibs’ access to all
clothing and accessories and a fun shopping experience on Friday starting
at 5:30pm. General admission tickets for Friday evening starting at
6:30-8:30 pm are $25 or two for $40. All tickets may be purchased online at
BerkChique2018.eventbrite.com <https://berkchique2018.eventbrite.com> or at
the door.

2019 BerkChique! SPONSORS

BerkChique! is made possible with the generous Lead Sponsorship of Annie
Selke, as well as the  support of in-kind sponsors including Blue Q, Vicki
Bonnington, Iredale Cosmetics, Ogden Gigli Photography, Soldier On, and The
Red Lion Inn.

ABOUT BerkChique!

Founded by Nancy Fitzpatrick in 2012, BerkChique! is a fun way for donors
to clean out closets in support of local non-profits.  Since its inception,
BerkChique! has donated over $180,000 to support local nonprofits.
Everything at BerkChique! is high quality, and either new or gently used.
BerkChique! is proud to provide unique yet comfortable fashions and
everyday wear for any event from the casual to the formal. For those who
are interested in donating new or gently-used women’s and/or men’s clothing
and accessories, please contact Event Coordinator Rebecca Weinman at
rebecca.weinman at gmail.com.

For more information about BerkChique!, please visit BerkChique.com
<http://www.berkchique.com/>.

ABOUT WAM THEATRE

Based in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, WAM Theatre is celebrating its
10th

anniversary of being a place Where Arts and Activism Meet. The company was
co-founded

in 2010 by Canadian director, actor, educator, and producer Kristen van
Ginhoven. WAM’s

vision is to create opportunity for women and girls through the mission of
theatre as

Philanthropy.

Inspired by the book Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for
Women

Worldwide by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, WAM donates a portion of
the proceeds

from its theatrical events to organizations that benefit women and girls.

Since 2010, WAM Theatre has provided paid work to more than 200 theatre
artists and

donated more than $56,500 to fifteen local and global organizations taking
action for

women and girls in areas such as girls education, teen pregnancy
prevention, sexual

trafficking awareness, midwife training and more. In addition to the main
stage

productions and special events, WAM Theatre’s activities include a
comprehensive

educational outreach program and the Fresh Takes Play Reading Series. For
more

information, visit www.WAMTheatre.com. <http://www.wamtheatre.com>

###

--