[Capdist-announce] Upstage Productions Postpones "Matilda The Musical"

Frances Winig frances.winig at upstageproductions.org
Sat Apr 18 17:21:07 EDT 2020

Hello,

The current Coronavirus crisis has presented circumstances that are
unprecedented in our lifetime. Like most people around the world, Upstage
has been monitoring news outlets and government sites in order to stay
apprised of the situation. We know that due to these specific circumstances
we have to take into consideration the safety of all and continue to take
precautions in our professional and personal lives.

For these reasons, the Board of Directors has determined that we must
postpone our Fall 2020 production of “Matilda”. It is a show that requires
an intensive rehearsal period in order to bring you the quality that this
production demands. The summer months were to be the beginning of this
rehearsal period, but following that plan does not seem feasible at this
time. In light of this, we will not be holding auditions for the show at
this time.

Our plan is to reschedule this production to November 19, 20, and 21, 2021.
Auditions will be announced for this production next year. It is our hope
that our Upstage families and friends will remain with us through these
difficult times and join us in looking forward to an upcoming season in the
near future. We offer you our sincere wishes that you, your friends, and
your family remain safe and healthy during this crisis.

For more information, email auditions at upstageproductions.org

Sincerely,

Upstage Productions