[Capdist-announce] Live Performance Returns to Catskill's Bridge Street Theatre

Steven Patterson kaliyuga.steven at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:59:49 EDT 2021

Just in case you missed the memo…BRIDGE STREET THEATRE IS BACK!

Live performance has returned to one of this region’s most exciting,
creative, and innovative small theatre companies! Our recent production of
Fred Barton’s MISS GULCH RETURNS! was a huge critical and audience success
(both onstage and online). Coming to our “Priscilla” Mainstage in the
remaining months of 2021: MacArthur ‘Genius Grant’ winner Samuel D.
Hunter’s funny, touching, and deeply resonant new play LEWISTON (October
7-17), a live screening of JD Urban’s stunning documentary film about the
Bridge Street Belly Dance Project BEFORE (October 23), Eugene O’Neill’s
monumental American tragedy LONG DAY’S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT (November 11-21).
And Fat Knight Theatre (whose CHIPANDGUS was a BST highlight back in 2017)
brings their rolling world premiere of John Ahlin’s MY WITCH, starring Jean
Tafler as Margaret Hamilton (who created the role of Almira Gulch/Wicked
Witch of the West in the 1939 film classic “The Wizard of Oz”), to our
theatre for two weekends December 3-12.

This 2021 “American Roots: Re-Awakened” Season has been sponsored by a
generous gift from Nina Matis and Alan Gosule, and by a pair of ReStart NY
Grants from the New York State Council on the Arts. And all our programming
is made possible by NYSCA with the support of the Governor of New York and
the New York State Legislature, by Public Funds from the Greene County
Legislature through the Cultural Fund administered in Greene County by the
Greene County Council on the Arts dba CREATE, and, of course, by the
generosity (and attendance) of you, our loyal audience.

We’re doing everything we can to make your experience here as safe and
enjoyable as possible – we’ve limited our already small audience capacity
to 50% so that social distancing is possible (don’t worry, every single
seat in our intimate Mainstage space is a great one), we’ve installed new
air-purification and ventilation systems to help “clear the air”, all areas
(including our public restrooms) are cleaned and disinfected between
performances, and all patrons and staff must display proof of vaccination
prior to entry and remain masked at all times while in the building.

Please visit bridgest.org for further details on our safety protocols, as
well as everything we’ve got coming up for you. We can’t wait to welcome
you back IN PERSON!