[Capdist-announce] **IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT** Please Read

CapDistTheater Moderator toostrangetocompete at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:05:24 EDT 2021

*From the Moderators of the Capdist-Auditions and
Capdist-Announce listserv:*

In August, we announced that the Capdist-Auditions and Capdist-Announce
listservs were moving from @dx.ayw.org  to @capdisttheater.org.  We have
been operating both domains for the past month, but the old servers are
going to be turned off on September 30.

*What does this mean?*
In a nutshell, this means that the email addresses you've been using for
the past 17 years to post your audition and performance announcements are
changing. This also means that announcements that you are receiving are
coming from different email addresses.

*What should I do? *
First, and foremost, all audition and performance announcements should be
sent to the following addresses effective immediately.

   - Audition Notices should be sent to capdist-auditions at capdisttheater.org.
   This list is for notices that are directed at theater/film/art MAKERS.
   This includes audition/casting notices, classes, calls for submissions,
   etc.  If you are trying to reach people who MAKE theater, use this list.
   We continue to require that all auditions or events that require a fee
   indicate "fee required" or "tuition based program" in the subject of the
   email.  Notice that @dx.ayw.org has changed to @capdisttheater.org.
   - Performance Notices should be sent to
   capdist-announce at capdisttheater.org.  This list is for notices that are
   directed at theater/film/art AUDIENCES.  This includes performance
   announcements, film premieres, etc.  If you are trying to reach people who
   like to experience theater/film/art use this list.  Notice that @
   dx.ayw.org has changed to @capdisttheater.org.

Second, check your spam filters to make sure not currently blocking email
coming from @capdisttheater.org.  We've done work on our side to try to
avoid our emails going to your spam folder, but those measures don't work
100% of the time.

Third, if you would like to subscribe, unsubscribe or change your
subscription to either list, visit our website at capdisttheater.org. Also,
feel free to tell all of the theater lovers in your life to sign up here.

Finally, if you have questions or need help, reach out to our moderators at
capdist-auditions-owner at capddisttheater.org (for auditions) or
capdist-announce-owner at capddisttheater.org (for announce).  Notice that the
email with OWNER in it will go to just the moderator.  The email without
OWNER it in will be reviewed and approved for distribution to the members
of the listserv.

The old email addresses will continue to work through September 30.
Starting October 1, emails sent to any @dx.ayw.org address will fail.  You
may or may not get an error message in response to your email to the wrong
address.

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of the thriving
Capital District Theater Community for 17 years!  We look forward to many,
many more!

Break your legs!
The Capdist-Auditions & Capdist-Announce Moderator Team