[Capdist-announce] Theater Voices goes virtual for "The Lifespan of a Fact, " Feb. 18-21!

Tony Pallone tonypallone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 15:00:43 EST 2022

To view this notice in a visual format, please click here:
https://mailchi.mp/7798e4bae1c4/theatervoices_lifespan

***

*Change of plans: *
We'd originally planned to present our staged reading of "The Lifespan of a
Fact" in person at our home base, Steamer No. 10 Theatre
<https://www.steamer10theatre.org> in Albany. But in order to keep everyone
safe, we've had a slight change of plans and will be presenting the show
virtually. Join us on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLZKuJ-3f4su-JMPhrDaJA> for the premiere
on Friday, Feb. 18 at 8 pm! The show will be available to stream through
Monday, Feb. 21 at midnight.

*Theater Voices presents:*
The Lifespan of a Fact
Directed by Margaret E. Hall
By Jeremy Kareken & David Murrell and Gordon Farrell
Based on the Book by John D’Agata and Jim Fingal

*The story: *
Jim, a young, determined intern has a small job: to fact-check articles for
one of the best magazines in the country. His editor has given him a big
assignment: to apply his skill to a groundbreaking essay by a legendary
author. The deadline is tight, the essay is dense, and everyone must make a
good faith effort in telling the story honestly. But the overly eager Jim
takes his fact-checking way too far, creating the ultimate showdown of fact
versus fiction. Based on a true story, this critically acclaimed 2018
Broadway play offers fast-paced comedy with a provocative undercurrent of
timely relevance.

*The cast: *
Along with director Margaret E. Hall and stage manager Cece Widomski,
Theater Voices brings together the talents of Ethan James Botwick*, Yvonne
Perry* and Sky Vogel for a virtual production you won't want to miss!
(*member, Actors' Equity Association)

*Steamer No. 10 fundraiser: *
Your tax-deductible contribution will help Steamer 10 stay afloat until we
can perform there again in person. Click here
<https://www.facebook.com/donate/450357050123969/> to contribute to our
Facebook fundraiser!

This program is made possible in part by a FairGame Arts Grant
<https://afairgame.net/>.

We wish to express our gratitude to
ACTORS' EQUITY ASSOCIATION
through Theatre Authority, Inc. for their cooperation
in permitting the Artists to appear on this program.

*For more information: *
Visit us on our website <http://www.theatervoices.org/>, on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/theatervoices/> or send an email to
info at theatervoices.org