[Capdist-announce] Michael Garfield Levine’s “Spinning My Wheels” Comes to Catskill March 24-26

Steven Patterson kaliyuga.steven at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 15:01:34 EST 2023

Show #3 in Bridge Street Theatre’s 2023 SoloFest delivers both terrifying
lows and dizzying highs in an autobiographical tale of addiction, mental
illness, and ultimate triumph. “Spinning My Wheels”, written and performed
by Michael Garfield Levine and directed by Catilin Langstaff, hits the
stage at 44 West Bridge Street in Catskill for three performances only –
Friday and Saturday March 24 and 25 at 7:30pm and Sunday March 26 at
2:00pm.

This brutally honest, often harrowing, and sometimes funny roller coaster
of a ride takes us from the 1970s streets and theaters of New York to the
hills of Vermont and into the depths of Michael’s psyche as he struggles to
crawl out from under the long shadow cast by his WWII-Veteran father.
Clawing his way back to sanity through bicycle racing and a life-long
acting career, he encounters an Olympian, a Zen Master, a Holocaust
survivor, a meditation teacher who later becomes his wife, and a host of
other masterful (and occasionally unsavory) characters.

A native New Yorker, Michael Garfield Levine has worked in theatre at the
Champlain Shakespeare Festival, Portland Stage Company, and Virginia Stage
Company, appeared in film and television (“Law and Order”, “The Sopranos”,
daytime dramas), studied at The Neighborhood Playhouse, and was an original
member of The Circle Repertory Lab. He has also made many commercials and
done voice-overs for television and radio. He raced bicycles for 30 years,
competing alongside National Champions, Olympians, and Tour de France
winners. Michael drove a NYC taxicab for five years and lived to tell about
it. He currently resides in The Hudson Valley where he writes and rides.
“Spinning My Wheels” was originally developed in Melinda Buckley’s One Up!
Solo Workshop and in Seth Barrish’s Solo-Show Performance Class at The
Barrow Group.

Individual tickets for “Spinning My Wheels” are $25 at the door, $22 if
purchased online in advance, with those 18 and under admitted for only $10.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit Bridge Street Theatre’s
website at bridgest.org/2023-solofest/ and follow the appropriate links to
make your reservation or to purchase a 2023 BST Season Ticket (which will
give you an even further discount).

“Spinning My Wheels” is an inspiring one-man odyssey of sheer guts, dogged
determination, acceptance, and survival. Seating is limited so get yours
now! And be sure not to miss Show #4 in Bridge Street Theatre’s SoloFest:
“ALONE: The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe”  featuring a thrilling
tour-de-force performance by actor Daniel Hall Kuhn as America’s Master of
the Macabre, coming to BST March 31-April 2! Head on over to 44 West Bridge
Street in Catskill as March winds down and discover just how enthralling
one person alone onstage can be!

*Performance Calendar: *Bridge Street Theatre presents

*SPINNING MY WHEELS *Written and performed by Michael Garfield Levine
Directed by Caitlin Langstaff
Production Stage Manager: Kiara Vedovino
3 Performances Only!
March 24-26, 2023
Bridge Street Theatre’s “Priscilla” Mainstage
44 West Bridge Street, Catskill, NY

Friday March 24 @ 7:30pm
Saturday March 25 @ 7:30pm
Sunday March 26 @ 2:00pm

Tickets:
Advance tickets available at bridgest.org/spinning-my-wheels-tickets /
General Admission $25 at the door, $22 in advance online, 18 and under $10
Further discounts available to 2023 Bridge Street Theatre Season Subscribers
To learn more, visit bridgest.org/2023-season/ or
bridgest.org/2023-solofest/

Photo Credit: Roy Gumpel