[Capdist-announce] THE SQUIRRELS opens in One Week at SLCA, 6/21-6/30 FREE Preview 6/20

Patrick White white.patrick1963 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 17:29:35 EDT 2024

“The fast-paced 90-minute play… is a witty black comedy about a mixed-race
squirrel family decimated by prejudice and greed. Writ large, it’s an
apocalyptic tale of America’s cultural divide… [Askins] drops a thought
bomb… about our responsibility for the destruction of the environment and
for the care of one’s fellow squirrel (and otherwise).” —San Diego
Union-Tribune

[image: THE SQUIRRELS-4.png]

Winter is on the way and the squirrels are restless.
Mistrust is growing between the rich Gray Squirrels and the outcast Fox
Squirrels. When a wily outsider gets in the mix, he ignites an epic animal
kingdom soap opera teeming with rebel armies, conspiracy, love and family
loyalties. No squirrel will go unharmed in this deliciously-demented new
comedy from Tony Award nominee Robert Askins.

We haven't opened yet and we're making news!
[image: image.png]
"It takes a village of community theater enthusiasts to bring the
director’s concept to life for the Harbinger Theatre production of Robert
Askins’ play that opens June 21 at Sand Lake Center for the Arts."-Paul
Grondahl/Times Union 6/12/24
Grondahl: Old Times Union newspapers get life as stage props
<https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/grondahl-old-times-union-newspapers-get-life-19508324.php>

“One of the newer plays, ‘Squirrels’ offered by Harbinger Theatre at Sand
Lake Center for the Arts, June 20-30, also forces you to consider the
realities of today. It uses a breed of squirrels that dominate the nut
harvest one harsh fall. Rather than share with others, the Gray Squirrels
use it to increase their power among the poorer squirrel society.
Consider one line from the play first produced in 2018: ‘We’re going to
bite and claw and scratch until today looks like yesterday.’”-Bob Goepfert/Troy
Record 6/13/24
It’s June and theater is bustin’ out all over – Troy Record
<https://www.troyrecord.com/2024/06/12/its-june-and-theater-is-bustin-out-all-over/>

The Squirrels
By Robert Askins
Directed by Patrick White

Harbinger @ SLCA
2880 Rte 43
Averill Park, NY 12018
6/21-6/23, 6/28-6/30
FREE Preview 6/20
Talkbacks 6/21 & 6/28
Nut Tasting Reception 6/22 @ 6:30pm
With: Amber Acosta, Ben Amey, Haley Beauregard, Lisa Bryk, Raphael Cohen,
Jonathan DiMaria, Kerry Kazmierowicztrimm, Tiffany McWilliams, Tom Mooney,
Victoria Nieves, Dennis Skiba, Mary Williams
⏰Th-S 7:30pm, Su 2pm
💵$15, tickets available on Eventbrite.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-squirrels-by-robert-askins-tickets-877607135567?
aff=oddtdtcreator