[Capdist-announce] The Theatre Institute Announces 24-25 Season!

Theatre Institute | Russell Sage College theatreinstitute-sage.edu at shared1.ccsend.com
Tue May 28 15:10:24 EDT 2024

Mark Your Calendars!   Thank you to audiences who joined us for our 2023-24 Season. This year, we served more than 7,000 capital region students with our programs and productions. Our mission continues to thrive with support from local theatre artists, educators, patrons and families. We are both proud and humbled to share in the capital region's abundant local arts community. Without further ado, we are excited to announce our 2024-25 TIS Season! COMING UP IN 2024-2025... Rhinoceros Written by Eugene Ionesco | Translated by Derek Prouse Adapted by Frank Galati Directed by David Baecker October 2 - 6, 2024 James L. Meader Little Theatre The sublime is confused with the ridiculous in this savage commentary on the human condition. A small town is besieged as one roaring citizen becomes a rhinoceros and proceeds to trample on the social order. As more citizens transform, the trampling and noise is overwhelming, until one sane citizen remains, unwilling to change. The 1959 post-war classic in a new adaptation by Frank Galati. Recommended for ages 13 and up. Dates/Times: Wednesday October 2, 2024 at 1:00pm Thursday, October 3, 2024 at 7:30pm Friday, October 4, 2024 at 10:00am & 7:30pm Saturday, October 5, 2023 at 7:30pm  Sunday, October 6, 2024 at 2:00pm The Lightning Thief A Percy Jackson Musical Book by Joe Tracz Music & Lyrics by Rob Rokicki Adapted from the book by Rick Riordan Directed by Michael Musial December 4-15, 2024 Schacht Fine Arts Center Theater The Greek gods are real, and they’re ruining Percy Jackson’s life. Twelve-year-old Percy is on the most dangerous quest of his life. As a son of Poseidon, Percy has newly discovered powers he can’t control, monsters on his trail, and he is on an epic quest to find Zeus’s lightning bolt and prevent a war between the gods. With the help of a satyr and a daughter of Athena, Percy must journey across the United States to catch a thief who has stolen the original; weapon of mass destruction – Zeus’ master bolt. Normal is a myth when you’re a demigod.  Recommended for ages 8 and up.  Dates/Times: Wednesday, December 4, 2024 at 10 am Thursday, December 5, 2024 at 10 am Friday, December 6, 2024 at 10 am & 7:30 pm Saturday, December 7, 2024 at 7:30 pm Sunday, December 8, 2024 at 2 pm Tuesday, December 10, 2024 at 10 am Wednesday, December 11, 2024 at 10 am Thursday, December 12, 2024 at 10 am Friday, December 13, 2024 at 10 am & 7:30 pm Saturday, December 14, 2024 at 7:30 pm Sunday, December 15, 2024 at 2 pm Tuck Everlasting Based on the novel by Natalie Babbitt Adapted by Mark Frattaroli Directed by David Baecker February 7 – February 18, 2025 Schacht Fine Arts Center Theater 10-year-old Winnie Foster, trapped by rules imposed by her strict family, runs away and discovers the humble Tucks, who accidentally stumbled upon a spring that gave them eternal life. Winnie promises to keep their long secret until a sinister stranger arrives intending to steal the immortal water for himself. Ultimately Winnie must choose whether or not to drink from the magic spring and join the Tucks in their everlasting adventure – or continue to live a natural, ordinary life. Based on the award-winning modern classic by Natalie Babbitt. Recommended for ages 10 and up. Dates/Times: Wednesday, February 5, 2025 at 10 am Thursday, February 6, 2025 at 10 am Friday, February 7, 2025 at 10 am & 7:30 pm Saturday, February 8, 2025 at 7:30 pm Sunday, February 9, 2025 at 7:30 pm Tuesday, February 11, 2025 at 10 am Wednesday, February 12, 2025 at 10 am Thursday, February 13, 2025 at 10 am Saturday, February 14, 2025 at 7:30 pm Sunday, February 15, 2025 at 2 pm Robin Hood (A New Musical) Music and lyrics by Michael Musial Book and lyrics by Matthew McElligott and Larry Tuxbury Directed by Michael Musial May 14 – 23, 2025 Schacht Fine Arts Center Theater Think you know the true story of Robin Hood? Think again! Prepare for a thrilling new take on the classic tail, from the creators of Blackbeard, the musical, and Benjamin Franklin Stein, the musical. Promising humor, heart, and a forest full of secrets, this new musical production will have arrows flying in a bold new direction. Recommended for all ages. Dates/Times: Wednesday, May 14, 2025 at 10:00 am Thursday, May 15, 2025 at 10:00 am Friday, May 16, 2025 at 10:00 am & 7:30 pm Saturday, May 17, 2025 at 7:30 pm Sunday, May 18, 2025 at 2:00 pm Tuesday, May 20, 2025 at 10:00 am Wednesday, May 21, 2025 at 10:00 am Thursday, May 22, 2025 at 10:00 am Friday, May 23, 2025 at 10:00am We are grateful to bring live theatre to the capital region year after year and thank all our patrons for your continued support. Check out our website theatre.sage.edu for updates on 24-25 Season ticketing and new education programs - coming soon!  About the Theatre Institute    Established in February of 2011, the Theatre Institute at Sage is dedicated to providing quality live theatre and arts-in-education programming to Capital Region youth, educators and residents. The Institute also provides opportunities for Russell Sage students as performers, technicians and teachers. Programs on the Russell Sage Troy Campus include educational support services for Sage productions (such as in-class preparations, teacher dress rehearsals and study guides), a Saturday theatre arts school, camps during school breaks, and several theatre camps during the summer for children ages 5-18. For more information on show or programs, or to purchase tickets, visit theatre.sage.edu.  Follow us on social media, Facebook (@TheatreInstituteatSage) or Instagram (@SageTheatre), to stay up to date on all our upcoming productions and programs.   Visit our website to learn more!     Russell Sage College | 65 1st Street | Troy, NY 12180 US Unsubscribe | Constant Contact Data Notice