[Capdist-auditions] LUV Auditions

Hans, Kathy hansk at rpi.edu
Tue Jun 15 14:27:00 EDT 2004

Auditions for the October 15-17 and 22-24 production of "LUV" by Murray
Schigal at Circle Theatre Players are tonight and Thursday at 7:00 and
Saturday afternoon from 1:00 to 3:00

SAND LAKE CENTER FOR THE ARTS in Sand Lake
Near the junction of Rtes. 43 and 66 (behind Cumberland farms on 66,
opposite Tremont's Hardware on 43)
Take Exit 8 off I90 to Rte 43.  Straight on 43 through Averill Park to
Sand Lake (old Town Hall)
Here's an interactive map of the area:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=TlWCs.p_0TrfF7iXBlV0wbz1Sz5dEA--&cs
z=Sand+Lake%2C+NY&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=
<http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=TlWCs.p_0TrfF7iXBlV0wbz1Sz5dEA--&c
sz=Sand+Lake%2C+NY&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=>

Extremely funny, "brainy" comedy from the late 60's.  VERY physical.
Think Dick Van Dyke meets Carol Burnett and Mickey Rooney (in their best
years)

The play takes place on a bridge and everyone considers jumping at one
point or another. (Milt goes off the bridge twice)

Looking for TWO men and ONE woman to play 35-50 years of age.

One short song, one short waltz, need excellent balance and a flair for
physical comedy.

Be ready to mime a funny situation, dance a short waltz, move on a
balance beam (directly on the floor for now).
We will also read from the script.

Early rehearsal locations are flexible (e.g. if the three actors are
from Albany, Troy and Averill Park, we might rehearse in Watervliet or
Troy for the first several weeks.)  The last three weeks of rehearsal
and performances will be at the Center.

Contact:
Kathy Hans
Director