[Capdist-auditions] casting for DV feature film

leah at balletdiesel.com leah at balletdiesel.com
Fri Apr 21 23:33:38 EDT 2006

Ballet Diesel Films is finalizing the casting for our DV feature film "Butch Jamie," which will be filmed in Albany this summer over weekends.  The film follows the story of Jamie, an out-of-work lesbian actor willing to try almost anything for a role.  Our company has a good relationship with gay and lesbian distributors, and we anticipate good visibility for the film.  You can look us up online at www.balletdiesel.com.

We are looking for the following roles:

Jill - female, 25-30 - bold and flirty; actress most be comfortable with several intimate situations with another woman (i.e. kissing, dancing); no sex or nudity.  There will be approximately six days of shooting plus rehearsal.  Payment is deferred after distribution.

Featured background actors - male, female, any age 18+
Looking for actors interested in non-verbal yet featured roles (more prominent than an extra).  Depending on which scenes you are cast in, commitment for shooting could be 1/2 day - 2 days; no pay

Extras - male, female, any age 18+
Also looking for extras for larger scenes in a bar or restaurant; time commitment is flexible - anywhere from 1/2 day to 3 or more days; no pay

If interested, please send a digital photo of yourself as well as a resume and/or letter of interest.  Let us know what roles you would like to be considered for and how many days (other than for the role of Jill) you would be interested in filming.

Send to:  leah at balletdiesel.com

Leah Williamson
Producer
Ballet Diesel Films