[Capdist-auditions] Need 2 male actors and male/female singers

skindy13 at aol.com skindy13 at aol.com
Sat Aug 26 23:19:02 EDT 2006

Hello folks - I'm directing the next production for the Not So Common Players, National Icon. Show dates are October 27-29 and November 3-5 at the Shen High School East Little Theatre in Clifton Park, NY.

Written by local playwright Marty Egan (author of previous NSCP shows Queen of Hearts and Twenty-Seven Million), National Icon is a fun, slightly campy romp that follows the doings of an "American Idol"-type show.

I'm looking for two (2) male actors to fill two roles. Both entail several scenes with dialogue, as well as some ensemble singing:

MURRAY, 40-60: One of the 3 show judges. Comic past the end of his career. Sharp wit, has been around the block.

SID, any age: Stage manager. "Go-fer" type, put-upon, worrywart.

I'm also currently casting the "contestants" on the show. These are "walk-on" singing roles, with just a few speaking lines, that would showcase your singing talent - and you can select your own song (subject to approval, of course!) The contestant roles require only minimal rehearsals. It's a perfect way to "strut your stuff" onstage without a huge time commitment!

If you're interested in the role of Murray or Sid, or in being a singing contestant, please contact me via e-mail at skindy13 at aol.com, or by phone at 877-6699 after 5:00 pm weekdays. Thanks!

Cindy Nagle
Director, National Icon
Not So Common Players