[Capdist-auditions] Fwd: Jack & the Beanstalk Auditions - Confetti Stage

stageboynewyork at aol.com stageboynewyork at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 11:44:05 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: stageboynewyork
To: artcal at timesunion.com
Cc: art-events at communityartsunited.org; calendar at metroland.net; capdist-auditions-request at dx.ayw.org
Sent: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:23:41 -0500
Subject: Jack & the Beanstalk Auditions - Confetti Stage

Confetti Stage announces auditions for its upcoming Family Series Production of

Jack & the Beanstalk
adaptation by Jason Ford

Auditions will be held January 17 & 19 at 7p.
Location: The Women's Building, 79 Central Avenue, Albany, NY

Please be prepared for a fun evening as we attempt to bring to life the characters in this stylized tale.  Bring your friends to the audition with you.  This promises to be one of Confetti Stage's best Family Series Productions to date and we want as many people to be a part of it as possible.

Come and actually have fun at an audition!!!  woo hoo!!

We are looking for a child actor (age 12 and up) to play Jack.....
The remaining roles will more than likely be cast with adults of all ages.

Jack & the Beanstalk will be performed March 15 - 19, 2006.

Sell the cow if you have to, but join us this Tues and Thurs for a fun audition!!

LIST OF CHARACTERS

Jack Sprague- A boy. Young teenage years. Giddy, thoughtless boy, but very kind-hearted and affectionate. Loves his cow... Tries to help Jill and his mom by killing the giant.

Ms. Sprague- Early 30's and widowed. Kind and caring (opposed to the tradtional cranky Jack's mom we know.)

Baron/ Mysterious Man- Owner of the land. Arrogant and older. Courts Ms. Sprague. Tricks Jack into sellign his cow for "Magic Beans"

Cow- Not much to say... Just the cow... Moo's a bunch of times.

Gragorback the Giant- Fe Fi Fo Fome... Yadda Yadda Yadda. He is angry, yells alot. Rich. He dies in he end.

Narrator- Has to be very likeable. Deep voice a plus. Narrorates the story begining to end.

Jill- The Giants servant. Befriends Jack. Trying to save her mom and get her castle back from Gragornack. Hesitate that Jack steals from he giant.