[Capdist-auditions] URGENT: I need a man!

skindy13 at aol.com skindy13 at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 15:15:38 EDT 2006

Now that I have your attention...

Needed: one ACTOR/SINGER for the role of "Caps" in the Not So Common Players production of National Icon. Show dates are October 27-29 and November 3-5 at the Shen High School East Little Theatre in Clifton Park, New York. Rehearsals are already underway, so I need to fill this role quickly.

"Caps" Jackson (age 30-40+) is an imposing gangster. He can be a Joe Pesci type, or a Tony Soprano type - but either way, he must be able to convincingly intimidate the other characters. (Don't worry, he doesn't kill anyone... at least not onstage!) Note: a STRONG singing voice is required.

Written by local playwright Marty Egan (author of previous NSCP originals Queen of Hearts and Twenty-Seven Million), National Icon is a fun, slightly campy musical spoof that follows the doings of an "American Idol"-type show. Musical Director is Dian Dippold.

If you're interested in the role of Caps, please contact me ASAP via e-mail at skindy13 at aol.com, or by phone at 877-6699 after 5:00 pm weekdays. Thanks!

Cindy Nagle
Director, National Icon
Not So Common Players