[Capdist-auditions] Pajama Game Auditions

Sally Burke jburke6 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Apr 7 13:16:07 EDT 2007

April 6, 2007
For Immediate Release
Pajama Game Auditions
Mon., April 30, and Tues May 1, 7-9PM
Senior Center on the Common, Clifton Park

Clifton Park: Not So Common Players announces auditions for Pajama Game
on Monday, April 30th and Tuesday May 1st at the Senior Center on the
Clifton Common 7:00-9:00 pm   Performance dates are: July 13, 14, 15 &
19, 20, 21, 22  at The Clifton Common.  Pajama Game will be directed by
Debbie May with Musical Direction by Barret Germain.

Take a feisty female union leader, a macho factory superintendent and a
frisky romance. sprinkle in some pillow talk, pajamas and an immortal
pop-hit-spawning score. What do you have?  It's the next terrific summer
production by Not So Common Players: Pajama Game

Plan to audition.  Bring sheet music and be prepared to sing 16 bars of
a song from a Broadway musical.  Accompanist provided.  Resume and photo
desireable, but not required.
The Leading Man has baritone songs such as "Hey There" and "A New Town
Is a Blue Town". The modern-mezzo leading lady has "I'm Not At All In
Love", while together they sing "Small Talk" and "There Once Was A Man".

The young dancer-singer, Elizabeth Seal, made her name in the smaller
part of Gladys, and stopped the show with "Steam Heat" and "Hernando's
Hideaway". The comedy part of Hines has "Think Of the Time I Save" and
"I Would Trust Her" (I'll Never be Jealous Again"). There is exciting
chorus work in the ensembles "Racing With the Clock". "Seven and a Half
Cents" and the rousing "Once A Year Day".

CAST (plus Chorus)

Sid Sorokin (baritone)
Babe Williams (mezzo)
Hines (baritone)
Gladys (mezzo)
Prez, Joe, Hasler, Mabel, Charlie, Mae, Brenda, Poopsie, Salesman and
numerous small parts.

Additional Information:  Pat O'Donnell: 371-6681;  Debbie May: 762-9186,
dmay at SGCSD.net