[Capdist-auditions] Annie Needs A Little Help!

Brett Putnam bxputnam at gw.dec.state.ny.us
Tue Oct 9 09:45:44 EDT 2007

The Schenectady Light Opera Company production of "Annie" needs a little more help in various departments.

We are currently searching for the following:

1) Two male ensemble cast in their 20s or 30s - must be able to dance and sing.  Multiple roles assigned to each actor.

2) Sound Designer - Must have some experience with sound operations, will train on our equipment.  Work involves 20+ microphones, sound effects, and pre-recorded music and announcements.  We have new, computer-controlled equipment which will help to simplify cues.

3) Set Construction Help - Some construction experience preferred.  Work on an innovative set with experienced design and construction staff.

4) Lighting Crew Help - Must be comfortable working on ladders, hanging lights, and running spotlights.  Will train.

If you are interested in working on this production, please contact Matthew T. Teichner, Director, at 518-669-9965 (cell) or 518-383-5423 (home).

"Annie" is the third production of SLOC's 81st season.  Performance dates are November 30 through December 16.   Rehearsals have recently begun.  Rehearsals and performances are at our theater at 826 State Street, Schenectady.

This is a terrific opportunity to help with this wonderful, upbeat show.  We have a dynamite cast and staff, and we are very excited about the way this great production is coming together.  Please consider joining our team.