[Capdist-auditions] Director and Tech positions open

Neilson R Jones, President/Managing Artistic Director neiljones at confettistage.com
Thu Aug 7 11:01:45 EDT 2008

   Confetti Stage is seeking local artists to fill the following
positions immediately:

   Director (Live and Unrehearsed / SPF4) - We just recently lost our
director for this Short Play to an upcoming Broadway Revival.  While
we wish her the very best, we must now fill this position
immediately.  Live and Unrehearsed is written by Phil Sheehan and will
run almost 1 hour.  Cast of 8 has been in rehearsal for 1 week.

   Show description: comedy

   Harry is a late night talk show host who is putting on his final
show.  He does not realize that it is his final show, however, until
the show is well underway.  Armed with this knowledge, Harry takes on
a much more racy approach to the show?s content.

   Technical Director - prefer that the candidate for this position
have a wide range of theatrical technical experience, with a focus on
lighting.  The Short Play Festival will have minimal technical
requirements as the directors are given a budget of $0 and asked to
use their imaginations and play to create magic.  Small to
non-existent sets, general lighting, sound cues, and props are used to
create the worlds of the characters in 8 shows.  This position to be
filled immediately.

   Asst. Technical Director - see above.  Great opportunity to learn
about techincal theater in an encouraging atmosphere. This position to
be filled immediately

   Asst. Stage Manager - if you have a desire to learn stage
management, this position is perfect for you.  Contact Neil Jones for
more information.  This position to be filled immediately.

   --
Sincerely,

Neilson R Jones
President & Managing Artistic Director