[Capdist-auditions] Audition Update: Additional Male AND Female DANCERS WANTED-10/03 production of "Thoroughly Modern Millie"

Dave Dixon luvsbabs at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 15:11:44 EDT 2008

Hello:

This submission is an update since my June 14th submission. Our production staff are still accepting auditions for more male AND female ensemble singers and dancers. My original submission only mentioned additional MALE dancers wanted. Please accept this current entry.

Thanks for your consideration.

**************************************************************************                     AUDITION UPDATE(since June 14th)

               Wanted:  Additional Male AND Female Dancers

                      **IMMEDIATE CASTING NEEDED**

WANTED: Additional Male AND Female Dancers for an October 3-12, 2008
production of the 2002 Tony Award winning musical comedy,
"Thoroughly Modern Millie"

Company: Schenectady Light Opera Company; 826 State Street; Schenectady NY

                           **AUDITION INFORMATION**

                  *Male & Female Dancers(ages 16-30 yrs old).

             *Previous TAP experience strongly RECOMMENDED(or the
                  willingness to learn basic tap REQUIRED.)

                     *Previous JAZZ experience REQUIRED.

               *Previous Ensemble Vocal Experience RECOMMENDED.

                       **BASIC SHOW SYNOPSIS**

"Thoroughly Modern Millie" tells the story of a small town girl, Millie Dillmount, who comes to NYC to marry for money instead of love - a thoroughly modern aim in 1922 when women were just entering the work force.
Millie soon begins to take to delight the flapper lifestyle, but problems arise when she checks into a hotel owned by the leader of a white slavery ring in China.

           Rehearsals: mid July through beginning of October, 2008.

           Performance Dates: Oct 3-12, 2008

           For more information & to schedule an audition
           appointment please call: Director, Jeffrey Scott at
           518-596-6181. Or Call, Dave Dixon, 436-8295, PR.

-Dave Dixon, PR/Public Relations Coordinator.