[Capdist-auditions] Helping Doug Peek

lwandruski at aol.com lwandruski at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 13:44:09 EDT 2008

Dear Cap Dist Arts Community:

Many of you have written to ask how you can assist Doug Peek who lost his home to fire this past weekend. (Arson is suspected and witnesses saw suspects fleeing the scene.)  Please know that Doug is very grateful for the love and concern that has poured his way from all of you.  (As you may have guessed, Doug doesn't do personal emails.)

Doug and dog Copper are doing well.  They are safe and staying with friends in his old neighborhood.  Doug's home appears to be a total loss, and it will take some time for the insurance folks to do their thing.  As Doug is still in shock from these tragic events, he is not prepared to make decisions on whether he will rebuild, or move, or just what he will be doing.  Right now, he just needs to process this tragedy and do what he needs to do on a day-to-day basis.  He plans on returning to work sometime next week.

Friends are moving to set up an account with a local bank where folks can make donations, but that may take more than a few days.  In the meantime, many of you have expressed a desire to help Doug NOW.

Doug is not accepting gifts of "stuff" right now.  It is too soon to know what he needs and, as he is staying with friends, he doesn’t have a place to store a lot of items.  If you like, you may send him a card of good wishes, monetary gifts, or gifts cards (some ideas - Wal-Mart, Petsmart, Price Chopper) directly to:

Doug Peek
167 J
efferson Street
Albany, NY  12210

His good friend, Mary Koszlowski is helping Doug through this difficult period.  She is also a good conduit for reaching Doug.  I will continue to pass along your email contacts as well.

Thanks, Cap Dist, for responding so warmly and so enthusiastically.  AS I have information, I will be sure to let you know.

Laura W. Andruski
Moderator