[Capdist-auditions] Reminder: Auditions for Titanic: The Musical

Jeff Hocking jhocking at nycap.rr.com
Fri Apr 3 12:49:43 EDT 2009

Family Players of NENY proudly announces auditions for

Book by Peter Stone
Music and Lyrics by Maury Yeston

This Tony Award Winning Musical (Best Musical, Best Book, Best Score) pays homage to the people that both survived and perished on the RMS Titanic in April 1912.  With a cast of at least 50 singers and actors, we will recreate some of the events leading up to the wreckage as well as the emotional aftermath.

Speaking and/or Singing roles exist for at least 25 men and 15 women of all ages.

Please note that we will cast a very limited number of children under the age of 14 in the ensemble.

Audition Dates

Tuesday April 7, 2009 and Wednesday April 8, 2009
6:30 pm to 10pm

In the

Sandcreek Middle School Forum

329 Sandcreek Road in Colonie

Please come prepared with 16-32 measures of a Broadway song and sheet music in the appropriate key.

An accompanist will be provided.

You will also be asked to read from the script.

There will be no dance audition at this time.

Please bring your calendar and plan to list any and all conflicts.

Mandatory Technical/Dress Rehearsals will be July 1-2 and 5-7.   No absences will be accepted on those dates.

Performance Dates

July 8-12 at 7:30 Pm

Guilderland Performing Arts Center

Tawasentha Park

Route 146 in Guilderland

Production Staff
Producers: Mary Kalica and Julie Phillips
Director: Jeffrey P. Hocking
Music Director: Karen MacWatters

Vocal Director:  Olga Martinez
Choreographer: Sara Paupini
Technical Director: DeLynn Scaringe Wickham
Costume Designer: Nadia Graziano

Please visit www.familyplayersofneny.com for a complete character breakdown and plot synopsis.

Contact Director Jeffrey Hocking at jhocking at nycap.rr.com or Producer Mary Kalica at mkalica at aol.com for more information.