[Capdist-auditions] CALLING LOCAL PLAYWRIGHTS for SHORT PLAY FESTIVAL 5

publicity at confettistage.com publicity at confettistage.com
Tue Apr 21 13:45:00 EDT 2009

SPF5
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Confetti Stage is seeking plays by Capital Region playwrights for
production consideration during its 5th Annual Short Play Festival to
be held SEPTEMBER 2009.  Are you a local playwright?  Do you want to
see your work produced? If you answered yes to either question ? then
submit your play to Confetti Stage for our annual Short Play Festival!

SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE:
      No longer than 60 minutes playing time
      Applicable to our mission statement
      An original work

ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE:

      Name of the playwright
      Address, phone number, & email
      A synopsis of the play
      A listing/description of each character
      & of course, the script

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MAY 30, 2009

All submissions will be read and reviewed by the Festival
Committee.  Playwrights will be notified by JUNE 30, 2009, if their
play has been chosen for inclusion. Rehearsals for selected plays will
begin in AUGUST, 2009.

Submissions with a letter of interest should be sent to:

      Confetti Stage, Inc.
      Attention: Short Play Festival 5
      2215 Nott Street, Box 285
      Niskayuna, NY 12309

Submitted works cannot be returned to the playwright.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS TO AS MANY OF
YOUR FRIENDS AS POSSIBLE.  ONLY YOU CAN HELP SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE
AREAS ONLY TRUELY LOCAL PLAY FESTIVAL.