[Capdist-auditions] Mac-Haydn Theatre auditions

Jesse DeGroodt jdd1926 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:12:11 EST 2009

YOU could be featured in one (or more) of our production shots for 2009!

We are now taking resumes for PRINCIPAL PERFORMERS (non-Equity and Equity
Guest Artists) with extensive musical comedy experience and versatile
abilities for season shows.  We need singers with strong legitimate musical
theatre voices, character men and women, and dancers who sing well for roles
in our classic and contemporary musicals.  Positions open for full season or
jobbing.  Busy two-week schedule includes regular time off; 125 miles from
NYC.  Competitive salaries, housing provided.  Send resume and photo for
appointment consideration in NYC week of March 2 to: Casting, The Mac-Haydn
Theatre, Inc., P.O. Box 204, Chatham, NY, 12037.  NO EMAILED RESUMES WILL BE
CONSIDERED.  If no appointment given, please come to open calls March 5 & 6;
Chelsea Studio, 151 W. 26th St., NYC; women 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., men 2 p.m. – 5
p.m. each day.

*OPEN CALL AUDITIONS*

March 5 & 6; Chelsea Studio, 151 W. 26th St., NYC; women 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.,
men 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. each day.  Looking for: legit musical theatre voices,
versatile acting ability, dancers who sing, leading and character men and
women; company for full season and jobbers. * *Bring picture and resume,
sheet music in your key (accompanist provided).  Only official Mac-Haydn
sign-up sheet will be recognized.  Competitive salaries, housing provided.

*A**UDITIONS IN CHATHAM***

Sunday, March 29, for adults, 13 years and over

Sunday, April 5, for children up to age 12

1 to 4 p.m., Methodist Church, Kinderhook St., Chatham

We will be looking for people with legit musical theatre voices, versatile
acting ability and dancers who sing, as well as leading and character men
and women.  People will be considered for full season company members and to
augment our season company in one or more shows.

There are roles for teens and children in *High Society *and* Meet Me In St.
Louis,*

as well as *Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat* and our Children’s
Theatre shows. *  *

MHT II Productions will also be looking for teens for our TBA show in
September.  We can’t announce the title yet, but you will tap your foot and
cut loose with a lot of 1980’s songs and dancing.

   - All those auditioning should bring a picture and resume.
   - Please have a song prepared and bring music in your key; an accompanist
   will be provided.
   - Adults and teens should also prepare a short monologue with comedic or
   light subject matter.
   - Bring shoes you can move in for a short dance call.