[Capdist-auditions] FW: Extras Needed

Home Made Theater info at homemadetheater.org
Tue Jul 14 15:36:47 EDT 2009

Kathleen Dunham HMT Office Manager

P.O. Box 1182

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

518-587-4427

www.Homemadetheater.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Home Made Theater [mailto:info at homemadetheater.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:03 PM
To: Capdist-Announce at Dx. Ayw. Org (capdist-announce at dx.ayw.org);
'gordonhazzard11 at hotmail.com'
Subject: Extras Needed

Hi,

We are looking for some extras for a short film called Capture the Flag. We
are going to be shooting in the Granville area and are looking for people
who would be available Friday, July 24th, Saturday July 25th and possibly
Sunday, July 26th to participate in the scenes of playing the game of
capture the flag.

The movie is a period piece set in the early 1970s. Ideally we are looking
for a few families with kids, but are open to variations on this. We'd love
to have you, if you are available, and if you have friends who might want to
participate that would be great as well. Could you send a photo, so I could
forward it to the director?

Let me know.

And of course, I am happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Rebecca Chace

RChace1 at gmail.com

OR

Dasha Tolstikova

Producer

Capture The Flag

dashunia11 at gmail.com

Set in the 1970s, Capture the Flag centers on Annie, a teen age girl who
yearns for the safety and security of her childhood, epitomized by her
family's annual tradition of the game of Capture the Flag. Her emotionally
fragile mother Ellen is prone to hospitalizing bouts of depression and her
father Luke takes refuge in his work as a book editor, leaving Annie to care
for her mother alone. But in the summer comes the high point of Annie's
year: her family's annual tradition of Capture the Flag, played like a
high-stakes war game against her father's best friend Peter's family, in the
wild fields of upstate New York. This ritual is the only fragment of her
childhood that has endured all the changes around her, and each year, Annie
is determined to win. But this year, a lot more is at stake than the white
T-shirt standing in for the flag. Annie's parents are on the verge of
divorce, and this is the first time she and Luke are participating without
Annie's mother. What starts as a joyous reunion of the two families soon
breaks down as the friendships among the adults fracture and new allegiances
among the children are formed. Over the course of this weekend, Annie learns
to accept change, that "family" can mean many things, and that the most
important relationships will somehow endure.

Rebecca Chace

500 West 111th Street, apt. 6F

New York, NY  10025

(917) 445-6512