[Capdist-auditions] Student Auditions Grades 3-8 for "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"

Erika Hebert sctartisticdirector at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 20:15:38 EST 2009

Saratoga Children’s Theatre announces auditions for a January 2010
production of

"You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown"

Based on The Comic Strip "Peanuts" by Charles M. Schulz
Book, Music and Lyrics by Clark Gesner
Additional Dialogue by Michael Mayer
Additional Music and Lyrics by Andrew Lippa

We will doing the Revised 1999 version, whose songs include *Beethoven Day,
My New Philosophy, My Blanket and Me, The Kite, The Baseball Game, Little
Known Facts, Suppertime *and* Happiness.*

Erika Hebert, Director
Rob Spring, Music Director
Rosie Spring, Choreographer
Sarah Sutliff, Assistant Choreographer

AUDITION INFORMATION:

Auditions open to students in grades 3 – 8.  All roles are open: Charlie
Brown, Lucy, Linus, Sally, Schroeder and Snoopy as well as a large chorus.
All chorus members will be “Peanuts” characters like Peppermint Patty,
Marcie, Woodstock, etc.  Callbacks only if required.

Saratoga Music Hall (Third floor of City Hall, 474 Broadway) in Saratoga
Springs.
Friday, December 4, 2009 from 4-8 PM
There will be 3 sessions of auditions.  Session A will run 4 PM –5 PM,
Session B will run 5 PM – 6 PM and Session C will run 6 PM - 7 PM.  You only
need to attend one of these sessions and will be excused as soon as your
session finishes.  If you are unable to attend on Friday and are interested
in participating, you must e-mail director Erika Hebert at
sctartisticdirector at gmail.com to set up a separate audition time.

Be prepared to sing, move and read.  Everyone auditioning will be taught the
song “Home on the Range”, a short dance/movement combination and will read
from the script.  If you have a 16 bar up-tempo audition song you would like
to sing, please bring it and we will hear it if time allows.  This is
encouraged but not required.  Please bring a headshot and resume; If you do
not have a head shot, one will be taken at the auditions.

Rehearsals will be held Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from 4:30-6:30 PM and
Saturdays from 1-5 PM.  Performers MUST be available 1/23 – 1/30 to be
cast.  Performances will be Friday 1/29 @ 7 PM and Saturday 1/30 @ 1 PM & 7
PM.  Please be prepared to list all conflicts for the month of January at
the auditions.

Visit our website www.saratogachildrenstheatre.org for more information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail director Erika Hebert
at sctartisticdirector at gmail.com.

--
Erika Hebert
Artistic Director