[Capdist-auditions] Seeing Adult actor/singers for 'Footloose' at Cohoes Music Hall

kristen vanginhoven kristenvanginhoven at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 13:14:39 EDT 2009

We are seeking adult singers/actors. If you can, come audition tonight (Monday, Sept. 21) at the Cohoes Music Hall between 6-7pm.

We are looking for a strong male singer/actor who for Reverend Moore, and two
strong female actor/singers for Ethel and Vi. We also need two strong male
actors for Coach Dunbar and Wes and strong female actors for
Lulu and Eleanor plus we'll need someone of either sex for Principle Clark.
All the characters can range in age from mid-late 30's to early 60's.

If you are available
November-January (we rehearse three times a week over a two month
period, adults won't be called all the time), please contact the director at kristenvanginhoven at yahoo.com or at 518 243 9627 to get more information or if possible, come to Cohoes Music Hall between 6-7pm tonight to audition.

ADULTS:
Ethel McCormack – Ren’s mother (mezzo)
Reverend Shaw Moore - The minister of Beaumont (baritone)
Vi
 Moore - His wife (mezzo)
Lulu Warnicker - Ren's aunt
Wes Warnicker - Her husband
Coach Roger Dunbar - The high school gym teacher
Eleanor Dunbar - His wife
Betty Blast - owner of the Burger Blast
Principal Clark - Principal of the high school

Footloose is a story of a young man from Chicago, Ren, who is forced to
move with his mother to a puritanical small town. To Ren's shock
dancing and Rock 'n' Roll are forbidden in the town. Through tenacity
and clever use of the Bible, Ren manages to convince Reverend Moore to
let the town dance again. "Let's hear it of the boys!"

Footloose is a musical with book by Dean Pitchford and Walter Bobbie,
based on the original screenplay by Dean Pitchford, with music by Tom
Snow and Lyrics by Dean Pitchford. Additional numbers by Kenny Loggins,
Sammy Hagar, Jim Steinman and Eric Carmen. Additional lyrics by Kenny
Loggins