[Capdist-auditions] Due to a withdrawal we have one spot left open for our audition workshop (Fee required)

Susan Ellis ourownproductionsinc at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 10:11:00 EDT 2010

Please contact us ASAP if you are interested in this.

Our Own ProductionS, Inc.

Youth Audition Workshop

Our Own ProductionS, Inc. will be holding an audition workshop for students ages 10-18 on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church (63 Mountain View Ave., Colonie, NY 12205) from 10:00AM-4:00PM with a break for lunch.  The cost for this 6-hour intensive workshop is $50.

Coaches will be provided for the following areas:

* Singing and song selection.

* Acting (cold readings and monologues).

* Dancing and movement.

* Call backs (how to prepare for a call back if you receive one).

* Head shots and resumes.  (Each participant will leave the workshop with a resume and a head shot).

* Commercial auditions.

Whether you are a newcomer to theatre or have been auditioning for years and just want some extra input, this all day event is a great experience for young auditioners.

An accompanist will be provided for all vocal auditions.

Minimum of 10 students required for this workshop and space is limited.

Each student should bring 16 bars of a song that they would use for an audition, and everyone should bring a lunch.  You must bring sheet music for the accompanist and another copy for yourself if you will need one.  We also ask that you wear comfortable clothes and bring shoes to dance in.

If you wish to attend, please send an email to ourownproductionsinc at yahoo.com for a registration form.

If you have any questions, please contact us at the above email address or call 356-2306.

Our Own ProductionS Inc. would like to specify that by attending this workshop, students are not guaranteed of getting the parts they audition for; Our Own ProductionS Inc. is merely giving an insight into what directors/musical directors/choreographers look for and talk about behind closed doors.