[Capdist-auditions] Casting Call

RonPhil Pucherelli nypooch at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 22:11:21 EDT 2010

Please post this Casting Call from the ACTION Players:

CASTING CALL
'The Duke of Mulberry Street' by Ron Pucherelli
Directed by Ron Pucherelli

   Casting Call:  Wednesday April 21 at 6:00 pm
   Rehearsal:  Wednesday April 21 7-9pm  Location (see below)
   Production:  6 dates in July at Saratoga Arts Center

'The Duke of Mulberry Street', a comedy where Shakespeare meets Don Bennetti. The scenes take place in the hospital room before and after Bennetti's surgery. Hijinx carry on as the Bennetti's rival family come to pay their respects.

Characters (number of lines in parenthesis):
DOCTOR LIPSHITZ (67):  [A Male Lead]  Surgeon and long-time doctor to Freddie Bennetti; 40s to 50s; serious but with an acute sense of humor.
JIMMY (15):  [Male] Jimmy (40s) is consigliere to the Bennetti family and crucial to the plot.
LEO (17): [Male] (30s) appears to be slow and dumwitted member of the Bennetti crew and a crucial role.
ALFIO (8): [Male] (30s) wise guy member of the Bennetti crew and critical of Leo.
FREDDIE JR. (5): [Male] (16-20) son of Freddie; typical jokester and brother to two sisters.
Roles call for caucasian males, dark hair and New York City-sounding preferred. There is no-pay for the actors, but each will receive a copy of the play on DVD, and the rights to use it for an acting reel.

We are looking to add to an already superb cast and are trying to fill these roles immediately so please call me at 518-674-0901 on Tuesday and leave a message with a number where I can call you back. We are going through reads at my home in West Sand Lake and hope to have rehearsal space in Albany near WAMC:The Linda, very soon.

Directions: I90 eastbound to Exit 8; proceed on exit ramp for two traffic lights (Intersection of Routes 4 and 43); proceed straight onto Route 4 to 2nd traffic light (approx 5 miles) to Route 150 (look for new Rite Aid Store on left at light); turn left after Rite Aid onto Route 150 N; proceed to the 4th street on left (Wildwood Heights); turn left and proceed up hill to the 3rd street on right (Joanne Court) and we are the first house on the left: Number 1.

Ron