[Capdist-auditions] Casting for Harvard Thesis Film to be shot in Capital District -- Sat, 12/11

Maxwell Newman-Plotnick manewman at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 8 12:58:27 EST 2010

This Saturday we are casting three roles for a Harvard thesis film to be
shot in the Capital District in early-mid January. We are looking for union
and non-union talent.

The film is about Reid, a has-been graphic novelist who now works as a
small-town police sketch artist. Desperate for a comeback but stuck in a
creative rut, he plagiarizes some sketches by the son of a police officer
and mails them to his publisher. Realizing what he's done, he turns to Elie,
an artist with a hint of kleptomania, to help get them back before he's
caught. We are looking to cast:

REID (M: 35-50) -- A bit down-and-out. A slightly artistic look is a plus.
Drawing ability is also a plus, though not a requirement.
CARL (M: 40-55) -- An easygoing policeman who can't connect with his
artistic son. Clean-cut. No specific body type.
SAM (M: 16-18) -- Carl's nerdy, artistic son, who idolizes Reid. Should be
approximately the size of an adult. Drawing ability is a plus.

The film will be shot under a SAG Student Film Agreement. Auditions will be
held in Albany on Sat 12/11. Please email manewman at fas.harvard.edu or
newmanplotnick.thesis at gmail.com to request details and to send a
resume/headshot.

--