[Capdist-auditions] Short Film "The Stranger"

Ryan Sokol rsokol at lfcsd.org
Thu Jan 14 09:06:55 EST 2010

I am an independent filmmaker looking to commence production on a new
short project.  The production is waiting on a location and a lead role.
 Ideally once those fall into place, I would like to conduct principle
photography the week of February 14th, but dates are flexible.

The production in question is a 13 page film short entitled, “The
Stranger”.  The character is male aged anywhere from 25 to 40.  While
the production only supports one actor, the story demands that the actor
play two roles, as the main character confronts his opposing
doppelganger.  The part calls for significant differences in attitude
and action between the two characters; the actor should expect a range
varying from a loud, boisterous, aggressive, angry character to a quiet,
passive, under-spoken opposing character.

The story is in the same tradition as the old Twilight Zone and Outer
Limits TV series.  The two characters are confined to one room for the
duration of the story.  The entire plot is driven by their interaction
and mutual distain.

In terms of the production details... It will be a night shoot.  The
entire script is one location.  That location is currently undetermined.

Inquiries can be made to rsokol at lfscd.org

Thank you.