[Capdist-auditions] Mailing list POLICY CHANGE

Joel Lord jpl at ilk.org
Fri Jan 29 19:41:23 EST 2010

Over the past 5-1/2 years, the policy of the capdist-auditions mailing
list has been to disallow all postings that would require participants
to pay.

In light of several things we had not fully considered at the time that
policy was put into place, we have reconsidered our position and the
policy has been changed as follows:

Keeping in mind that the members of the capdist-auditions list use this
service to _participate_ in theatrical endeavors, posts intended to
assist our members in doing so will be allowed, fee-requiring or not.
Postings for programs that are fee-based are required, however, to
include "FEE REQUIRED" in their subject line, to avoid misunderstandings
about the nature of the program advertised.  Postings missing the "FEE
REQUIRED" in the subject will be politely asked to resend with that
added.  (We do not have any way to edit a posting, we can only permit it
through whole or reject it outright.)

This means that camps, workshops (audition or otherwise), master
classes, etc. that charge a fee will be allowed to post to the
capdist-auditions list.

The capdist-auditions list is NOT to be used for announcements that are
intended for people who wish to _attend_ theatrical performances, that
is the intent of the capdist-announce mailing list.  Such postings to
capdist-auditions will be refused as they always have been.

--
Joel Lord