[Capdist-auditions] Calling for experimental people for an experimental collective

Joey Hunziker joeyhunziker at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 11:52:49 EDT 2010

Let's push the boundaries of what we know, and what others are willing to
accept.

I'm inquiring to see if there are people in this region who would like to
get together to try and/or explore some more experimental theatre and dance
techniques, styles, and disciplines.

Styles can range from:

Dance-- capoeira, modern, contemporary ballet, jazz fusion, flamenco,
Pilobolus-inspired, yoga, others

Theatre-- Grotowski method, Bogart (including Viewpoints & Suzuki), improv
(Johnstone, among others), Laban, Alexander technique, Augusto Boal (Theatre
of the Oppressed), auteurs from the Theatre of the Absurd, and many others

There are literally hundreds of experimental styles and techniques within
dance and theatre, and the possibilities for creating works are endless!

If you, or any of your friends, have worked in any of these styles and would
like to continue doing so, or would like to share and learn some new
techniques and ideas, send me an email. My initial thought is just to get
together a group of people from different backgrounds and associations who
can work together and share ideas, expanding our breadth and depth as
actors, dancers, writers, musicians, etc, with the end goal of eventually
creating pieces and performances for public engagement.

I can find us a space to experiment, I just need to know if there are people
interested.

I have to impart upon you that this is NOT community theatre. There will be
no auditions, no musicals (singing is inherent in most experimental styles,
not to worry), and no children. This will operate on the collective model,
in which all participants are equally involved and engaged in the process.
We won't be doing Seussical (no offense to those of you who do Seussical);
anything we do will be organically created from sources outside of
stagescripts.

Again, if this interests you, intrigues you, or compels you to say "WTF?!",
embrace the confusion and shoot me an email. Hopefully we can start
collaborating and experimenting.

My email is joeyhunziker at gmail.com

Thanks,

Joey