[Capdist-auditions] short film - Alone

Ryan Sokol rsokol at lfcsd.org
Thu Jul 15 09:19:18 EDT 2010

I am an independent filmmaker looking to commence production on a new
short project.  Most of the details are in place, with the exception of
the lead role.  Once the role has been cast, I am prepared to begin
production.

The production in question is a 20 page film short entitled, “Alone”.
The part is the lead character, a woman in her early 30s (age of the
role is flexible… anywhere from mid 20s to mid 40s will work).  She is
very emotionally drained… nothing but a shell of her former self, as the
events of the story have taken their toll on her.

The story is in the same tradition as the old Twilight Zone and Outer
Limits TV series.  The stalker character exhibits unnatural abilities
(like being in multiple places at once) as he is repeatedly seen by the
woman.  Having experienced a recent loss, the woman’s stalker can be
interperted as the memory of her deceived husband whom she can not bring
herself to confront nor escape.  The majority of the narrative is silent
action, which places an emphasis on reaction shots and tense sequences,
including a lot of non-verbal expression of heavy emotion.  The
monologue sequences are not long, but do convey her cognitive and
emotional struggles to cope with what is happening to her.

In terms of the production details... It is a night shoot, but there is
a very short sequence at the end which requires daylight.  The entire
script is one location.  That location is currently scheduled a house
located in Little Falls, NY.  I would encourage anyone interested to
consider the commute to and from the location.

Inquiries can be made to rsokol at lfscd.org

Thank you.