[Capdist-auditions] Spotlight Players: Call for Director Submissions for 2011 Season

Spotlight Players spotlightplayers at spotlightplayerstheater.com
Mon May 31 13:29:53 EDT 2010

Call for Director Submissions for 2010/2011 Season
Spotlight Players Community Theater is a Not-For-Profit community theater organization providing quality theater in the capital district for more than 30 years. We are based in the East Greenbush, NY community.  We are proud to announce that we have recently received 12 TANYS Awards for our critically acclaimed production of Jason Robert Brown’s “Parade”. This production was proudly presented FREE to the public due to our dedication in finding alternative funding to offer quality works that are beyond the norm in our community. This followed last summer’s wildly successful production of the musical version of “The Producers”, which garnered 11 TANYS Awards.  Other past musical productions have included “Pirates of Penzance”, “Into the Woods”, “Secret Garden”, “Oliver” and “Guys and Dolls”. Our past non-musical productions have included “Arsenic and Old Lace”, “The Lion in Winter” and “Love Letters”.

Spotlight Players Community Theater is looking for Director Submissions for our 2011 season. We are planning one musical and one non-musical show. The musical will be slated for July 2011. It should have a medium to large cast and ideally, not require a complicated or large set. While we have great capabilities with our space for flies and special set effects, we are striving to select a production that can be easily executed.  We are open to newer or lesser known and less frequently performed shows, as it is in our mission to provide quality theater that does not focus on the “tried and true”. The non-musical show, slated for the winter of 2010/2011, can be a comedy or drama for general audiences with name recognition, a smaller sized cast and a small set.

All directors are asked to submit 3-5 choices for consideration. Please include your production team (music director, producer, set, costume, lighting and sound designers) with your submission by June 25 to:

Spotlight Players Community Theater, Inc.
PO Box 132
East Greenbush, NY 12061

Michael C. Mensching, President
518-477-2256

P.O. Box 132   East Greenbush, New York 12061   518-210-9758