[Capdist-auditions] Roles available in It's Raining Tamales

JckCsy at aol.com JckCsy at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 07:22:29 EDT 2010

Auditions for
It's  Raining Tamales
Will be  held on Wednesday, October 6th
9:30am-11:30am and 1:00pm-3:00pm
at  the
Schenectady Theater for Children Studio
Rotterdam Square Mall
(next to  the Sears concourse entrance)
Must be  available during the school day

Cast of  Characters

It’s  Raining Tamales
The Schenectady Theater  for Children, Inc.

El Gato / Luis -      Our wise narrator, the cat,  and Hector’s friend who
finds out about the money and starts the  party
Hector -    Our naïve hero who,  desperate to feed his family, finds a
robber’s stash and steals it.  He wants to celebrate and spend it, but  in the
end he returns it to its rightful owner.
Inez / Villager -      Hector’s wife who schemes  to keep the money,
creates Tamale rain and sends Hector to school.  Confronted with the robber she
tricks  Hector into making himself look “Loco, loco” so the robber will not
believe he  has the money.
Teresa / Band / Chef /  Schoolmistress / Waitress -      Hector’s friend
the hard  working miller who coincidentally was recently robbed by a robber
Lola / Band / Chef /  Villager  -       Teresa’s hard working daughter
Rafael / Band /  Chef  -                  The  Robber who finds his loot
missing and tries to retrieve  it.