[Capdist-auditions] Circle Theatre Players Auditions for "Inherit the Wind" - Oct. 28 & 30

Sand Lake Center for the Arts info at slca-ctp.org
Mon Oct 11 20:31:47 EDT 2010

Circle Theatre Players Production

 "Inherit the Wind"
by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee

  Auditions held at Sand Lake Center for the Arts

Thursday, October 28 from 7-9pm
Saturday, October 30 from 10am-1pm
Callbacks: Monday, November 1 at 7pm

Production Dates: January 21 - 30, 2011
>From historic trials to today's headlines, this story is very timely and will be presented as taking place now, not as a period piece.
Two passionate and brilliant lawyers clash over the origins of life, the meaning of science, and their own beliefs,
when a young teacher enlightens his students with the theory of evolution, which is against the law in this
small, religious town, a place unaccustomed to the media scrutiny that follows.

Needed:  There is large cast of thirty, with eight to ten substantial roles, both male and female, ages 20's to 60's.
Some of the scripted male roles may be cast as women, including the judge and the district attorney.
Several excellent men's roles, 20's to 60's.
There are two important roles for ages 11-14 (in appearance), a boy and a girl, as well as possibly non-speaking roles for a couple of younger kids.
We need all ages for our "townspeople."
Larger roles: two experienced and very dynamic trial attorneys; one attorney's wife; a judge; a young teacher and his fiancé;
a district attorney; a passionate, fire and brimstone preacher; a cynical news reporter.
No monologues needed; readings will be from the script.

Also looking for someone to do sound and lights.

For additional information contact Director, Deborah Dorman at deborahdorm at gmail.com

Auditions are open to the public.
No membership or fee required.

Auditions are held at

The Sand Lake Center for the Arts

is located at 2880 NY 43, Averill Park, NY

½ mile east of the blinking light in Averill Park.

518-674-2007

For more information

Visit the SLCA web site at slca-ctp.org.

Sand Lake Center for the Arts 2010-2011 Season

Circle Theatre Players

Visiting Mr. Green, Oct. 15 - 24

Inherit the Wind, Jan. 21 - 30

Sarah Plain and Tall, Mar. 25 - Apr. 3

Hart's Tavern, Jun. 3 - 12

Squire Jacob Concert Series

Fennig's All-Star String Band - Oct. 30
Susan Trump - Nov. 20

Gallery Shows

Holiday Art Fair Artists, Oct. 1 - Nov. 15
Brigid Rockwell, Nov. 16 - Dec. 31

Special Events

Holiday Art Fair, Nov. 6 - 7
Original One Act Play Festival Dec. 2 - 5

Sand Lake Center for the Arts - Circle Theatre Players,
is a not for profit community arts center
The Center is a renovated, historically significant 1835 church
with a fully equipped open performing space for theatrical productions,
community meetings, concerts, workshops and classes; and is available for rent.
The light-filled Gallery boasts original stained glass windows
and exhibits artists' work throughout the year.
The Gallery and Cafe are open one hour prior to events.
Volunteer opportunities abound and can be yours by contacting
Executive Director, Debra Roy at info at slca-ctp.org.

The Center is air conditioned, handicapped accessible and has free parking.

http://slca-ctp.org
Sand Lake Center for the Arts - Circle Theatre Players
P.O. Box 179 - Averill Park, New York 12018
518-674-2007
Email: info at slca-ctp.org