[Capdist-auditions] Casting Call for 2ND ANNUAL Kid-produced short!

Mike enzineph at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 00:06:36 EDT 2011

This year, the kids are making another movie, and they're going to be
holding a casting call on *Monday August 8th* at Proctor's Theater in
Schenectady.
This announcement is a heads-up to keep your hours free between 10:30 and
11:30.

Last year the Reel Adventurers at Proctor's made a movie called "Phenomenon"
which was screened at the *National Film Festival for Talented Youth* in
Oregon http://nffty.org/events/bring-the-kids (they were the youngest
accepted!) and *can be seen on television at WMHT's TVFilm* show all year
http://video.wmht.org/video/2050619546/.

The kids write their own script, so we do not know what their acting needs
will be.  Those will be posted by the end of this week.

The kids will also host the casting call, and eventually produce every
aspect of the movie that same week.  Where some kid-based film camps are
helmed by the instructor as camera operator or adults lend their own talents
to the production, as instructor of Reel Adventures I only allow myself to
offer verbal assistance.  I do not allow myself to handle any of the
equipment or influence on-set decisions.  These movies are handmade by the
kids, and *only* the kids!

We had some awesome local actors like Judy Spevack, Scott Danni, Steven
O'Connor and Alan Angelo join us last year.  Who else might we meet this
year?

Thanks everybody!

Mike
http://www.escapetheseries.com
http://www.youtube.com/escapetheseries
COMING SOON TO KOLDCAST TV!

Recent Telly Award Winner &
Voted Area's Best Filmmaker by Readers' Polls:
Times Union 2008-2009-2010
Metroland 2009-2010-2011

MovieQuest & Cucumber Alley Lighting Rentals
http://www.cucumberalley.com