[Capdist-auditions] Shakespeare Workshop at Hubbard Hall - fee required

debfoster at hubbardhall.org debfoster at hubbardhall.org
Wed Jan 5 13:32:46 EST 2011

You may register at www.hubbardhall.org or by calling 518-677-2495

Monday Night Shakespeare: Part 1, The Monologues
Taught by John Hadden
Mondays, 7:00-8:30pm
Six Week Session: January 10 - February 14
Cost: $90 / $81 members
We think of Shakespeare’s language as old, but it's actually 400 years younger than ours. Geared for adults, this class will give "armchair actors" an understanding of Shakespeare’s game. For the first class session, bring a favorite poem; we will begin by looking at what it feels like to speak in verse.  In subsequent sessions we’ll explore many possibilities for personalizing Shakespeare’s monologues.
Begin to think and speak in the voice of your own renaissance!
 John Hadden is a director, writer, actor and teaching artist. He has been teaching area students of all ages (Weston Playhouse, NEYT) to write plays and to inhabit works of literature by making plays with them. He is a founding member of Shakespeare & Co and has taught professionals and young actors for many years. His recent directorial work includes The Madwoman of Chaillot at Hubbard Hall and The Fantastic Mr. Fox at
Dorset Theater.

 “The astonishment is that the lines get more laughs than the sight gags… you can understand every word. [Hadden’s Comedy of Errors] shimmers with deep humor and startling glimpses of melancholy…”
 —Ben Brantley, NYTimes

Debra Foster
debfoster at hubbardhall.org
Marketing Director