[Capdist-auditions] SIDE SHOW AUDITIONS!!! MARCH 1 & 2, CLASS ACT PRODUCTIONS

Thomas Bambury thomas_bambury at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 14:00:11 EST 2011

Auditions for the regional premiere of the acclaimed musical SIDE SHOW!

Presented by Class Act Productions
SIDE SHOW!
March 1 & 2, 7:00, Sign in at 6:30
Rexford United Methodist Church, Main Street, Rexford
Further Information: Director Thomas Dalton Bambury, thomas_bambury at yahoo.com or 518-436-8295

**Please prepare 16 bars or more of a Broadway show tune, and one that will specifically show your range and personality. Accompanist will be provided. There will also be a brief movement portion of the audition, so please dress appropriately.
There will also be a session of readings as a part of the evening. You do NOT need to prepare a monologue.
**Resume and Headshot is preferred
***Casting over 20 people (Mature High School age and above) in leading and featured roles, as well as featured ensemble. All types are encouraged to audition!! We will need a solid troupe of actors who can multitask at any time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------***This production will be presented May 13-15 and 19-22
-Musical Director-Patrick Young
-Choreographer-Amanda Jo Marshall
-Producer-Marlene Countermine

--Side Show is the stirring and controversial musical about Daisy and Violet Hilton, conjoined Twins who make a extraordinary change from being a circus freak show act, to becoming infamous stage performers in the 1930s. The people they meet and they people they become while meeting them, truly challanges their approach to life, and each other.
**This show has messages of life and loss, and universal and poignant themes of differences and indifference, and discrimination and love.

--The show was written by Bill Russell (book and lyrics) and Henry Krieger (music). The original Broadway show starred Alice Ripley as Violet and Emily Skinner as Daisy. It opened on Broadway on October 16, 1997 at the Richard Rodgers Theatre. It received an overabundance of critical and audience acclaim, and was nominated for four Tony Awards in 1998, including Best Musical!!
**Songs included in this show include "I Will Never Leave You", "Come Look at the Freaks", "One Plus One Equals Three", "Overnight Sensation" & "Who Will Love Me As I Am?", the closing number of Act 1.
**Original Broadway cast members besides Ms. Ripley and Ms. Skinner include Hugh Panaro, Jeff McCarthy, Norm Lewis, and J. Robert Spencer, who have all gone on to major stage prominence.
***CASTING FOR THE FOLLOWING FEATURED ROLES!!!!!!!!

-Violet Hilton - Mezzo/Soprano with a Belt
-Terry Conner - Baritone with a Strong High Range
-Buddy Foster - Tenor with large range
-Jake - Baritone/Tenor - must have a strong top range
-The Boss - Tenor (does NOT need to have an amazing singing voice. In fact if the actor who auditions is right for the part, a non-singer would be welcome in this role!!)
-The Fortune Teller-Gospel/Strong Belt!
***For the remaining Featured actors and Featured ensemble, we need actors with a good range, and good physicality and timing. We need to assemble a triple threat group of actors!!

SO, Spin that wheel and head on over to auditions; try your hand at being a part of the regional premiere of SIDE SHOW!