[Capdist-auditions] CAST Summer Sessions at Steamer No. 10 - Fee Required

Steamer No. 10 Theatre webmaster at steamer10theatre.org
Thu Jun 16 22:22:30 EDT 2011

Greetings from the Steamer <http://steamer10theatre.org/default.htm>  No. 10
Theatre!

Creative Arts at Steamer <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CAST.htm>
Ten is Steamer No.10's multi-disciplinary theatre arts school. This summer
we offer seven weeks of programs for children ages 8-18, with internships
for high school students. Each week-long session explores acting, singing,
and dancing, as well as the other elements of mounting a show, under the
supervision of our team of professional instructors. The week culminates in
a showcase on the final day of the program.

 Now is the time to sign up for C.A.S.T. Summer Sessions.
This exciting program offers students the opportunity to work with our
professional production team. Each weekly session explores different aspects
and elements of putting together a live showcase!  No acting experience
required, just a willingness to have fun and learn the skills for working in
a professional theater. Go to
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CASTSummerSessions2011.htm>  our web
site for more details!

Session 1 - Make a Music Video - June 27-July 1
Learn to act for film, work in front of and behind the camera, and then edit
your own music video. Local videographer Carl Dietz will help students learn
the ways of the camera.

Session 2 - Magic Camp/Jim Snack - July 5-8

Have you ever been fascinated by the way a magician can make something
appear right in front of you?  Now you can learn the secrets of how to
perform your own magic tricks from one of the premier magicians in the
region. Work with Jim Snack to learn how to make your own magic and create a
performance.

Session 3 - Broadway Bound I  - July 11-15
Session 4 - Broadway Bound II* - July 18-22

Student actors learn musical and dance numbers from hit Broadway Musicals.
Each week explores scenes, songs, & choreography that made Broadway great!
*Session I is not required for Session II.

Session 5 - Compose a Musical - July 25-29
How would you put your ideas for a musical on stage? This is your
opportunity to receive professional guidance developing an original musical,
using your plot ideas! Playwright/composer/lyricist Kit Goldstein and music
teacher Rebecca Benajmin will guide students in developing a story, and
teach some of the tricks of musical theater songwriting.  At the end of the
week, students perform their original musical!

Session 6 - Hooray 4 Hollywood I - Aug. 1-5
Session 7 - Hooray 4 Hollywood II*  - Aug.8-12

Students explore Hollywood's best known musicals, bringing the big screen to
life. Each week explores scenes, choreography, and songs that bring
Hollywood to your own backyard!  *Session I is not required for Session II.

See you soon,

Steamer No. 10 Theatre

http://www.steamer10theatre.org <http://steamer10theatre.org/default.htm>

If you do not wish to receive updates from the Steamer No. 10 Theatre send
an e-mail with Removal in the subject heading and your name and the e-mail
address at which you received this message in the body to
webmaster at steamer10theatre.org
<mailto:webmaster at steamer10theatre.org?subject=Removal> .