[Capdist-auditions] Auditioning Vocalists, Bassists, Drummers for Concept Album

Steve Grogan wcman1976 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 17:04:34 EST 2011

Hello,

When I wrote this in a week or so back, I wasn't exactly sure of my needs. Now I have a clearer idea of what I have to have for this project.

It is a concept album written like a stage play in that it has three acts, and there are multiple characters. I want different vocalists to sing different parts. There is one lead male character, one lead female character, another semi-lead male, and several supporting parts. My needs are as follows:

*six male vocalists
*four female vocalists
*bass player
*drummer

My plan is to let the people who take up supporting parts sing the lines for several different characters. That does us both a favor: (1) For me, I have to hunt down fewer people. (2) For you, it means you don't have to drag yourself over to Troy to sing two lines.

As I just stated, recording will be done in Troy at Swordpaw Studios. Start time will always be in the evening (around 6pm), but the days may vary. I can record on Sunday through Wednesday, although it would never be all four days in a row. You will have plenty of notice as to what day it would be.

At this link you can find several old demos of the songs. Some have undergone arrangement changes since this recording, but it is good enough to get you the idea.

www.myspace.com/burningvanity

If you want to do this for some kind of compensation, I am open to negotiation. Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving!

Steve Grogan