[Capdist-auditions] Two parts remain available: 1 M, 1 F- The Witch of Prague

Jason LaSusa jlasusa at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 07:18:14 EDT 2011

Two parts remain open for the upcoming Gothic
fantasy play: The Witch of Prague.  It
will be held at the Capital Region Arts Center in Troy on November 10, 11, 12,
18,. 19, 20.  Most rehearsals will be in
Schenectady.  They run Sundays, Tuesdays
and Thursdays; those with smaller parts have less rehearsal requirements. Dress
rehearsals in Troy on November 8 and 9.
The play is produced by Our Own Productions.  For more details on the play, go to:   witchofprague.com

The remaining parts:

Keyork Arabian; 35-65.  Philosophical, with some arrogance and cynicism.  One of the more comic parts in the  play.
In certain scenes, though, a romantic side of him also comes out.  It is a chance to showcase acting
skills.  A rather high quantity of
lines, and the part is not easy.
Theater experience will be a help.

Beatrice, 16-30: A relatively small number of
lines, but crucial to the play’s plot.
The play resolves around the efforts of a character named the Wanderer
to find Beatrice, his  lost love.  When we finally meet Beatrice in the later
stages of the play, she is not what we expect, being very temperamental and
bitchy.  The rehearsal schedule for this
part will be flexible, and based on the experience of the actress.  This could be a good part for somebody who
is relatively new to theater, or an experienced actress who can only make a
small number of rehearsals.

Interested candidates should send photos and their theater
experience to jlasusa at yahoo.com

Note: The website still lists the part of Beatrice as
having been cast.  It has not been
updated since the spot became vacant.