[Capdist-auditions] HAIRSPRAY at Park Playhouse - Fee Required for Students

Park Playhouse info at parkplayhouse.com
Tue Apr 10 15:15:10 EDT 2012

NOTE: This year's Park Playhouse II production will play at night under the lights on Park Playhouse's stage in Washington Park, with a fully realized, production-specific set and lighting plot. This continues Park Playhouse's efforts to increase the focus on our youth programming and to feature our talented students. HAIRSPRAY will be the featured production in the month of August in Washington Park. Students ages 13-18 are encouraged to audition for youth roles in the production.

###

Audition Information
Auditions will be held Sunday, April 15, 2012
Auditions will be held at The Lakehouse in Washington Park (Madison Ave. at New Scotland Ave.)
Open call will be held from 2:00 - 6:00 (sign-in closes at 5:00pm)
Callbacks will be held, as needed, starting at 6:30pm.
Please prepare and bring sheet music for 16 bars of any song from a Broadway musical.
Accompanist will be provided. Singing a cappella will not be allowed.
A short dance combination will be taught following each group of auditioners.
With questions, please call (518) 434-2035 or email info at parkplayhouse.com.
See below for important dates and tuition information.

Program Information

Park Playhouse II is a summer youth-theatre intensive designed to give young artists the tools they need to succeed in collegiate and professional theatre. In addition to rehearsing a full-scale musical production and performing it on our Park stage, students gain valuable experience through workshops drawn from all areas of the theatre profession. Our students have gone on to successful careers in the theatre and many other fields, often citing their experience with Park Playhouse II as a catalyst for that future success.

The 2012 session of Park Playhouse II will feature rehearsals and workshops from July 9 through August 2, and performances nightly from August 3 through August 19, 2012.

Tuition for the 2012 session of Park Playhouse II will be $800.00. There is a $100 discount if full payment is made by July 1.
Tuition assistance by scholarship is available. Ability to pay is not considered in any way during the casting process.

Park Playhouse
P.O. Box 525
Albany, NY 12201
www.parkplayhouse.com