[Capdist-auditions] SLOC MUSICAL THEATER Show Submission 2013-2014 Season

Michael Gatzendorfer mgatzendorfer at barctheatre.org
Wed Aug 15 17:08:02 EDT 2012

SLOC MUSICAL THEATER Show Submission 2013-2014 Season www.sloctheater.org

Calling All Directors: 2013 ­ 2014 Show Submission Request

Dear Directorial Candidates:

SLOC Musical Theater is beginning the show selection process for the
2013-2014 season. As you may have heard, the Schenectady Light Opera Company
had an award- winning season in 2011-12, and we are excited to continue our
efforts to bring high- quality theater to the Capital District. We are proud
to have been recognized by the Times Union as one of the top 3 area theatres
(and the only community theater) for the 2011-12 season. During SLOC¹s
upcoming season, area theater-goers will continue to have the opportunity to
enjoy quality theatrical productions in our beautiful, state-of-the- art
facility. Please join us in this exciting time and consider entering a
submission to the Show Recommendation Committee as a directorial candidate!

The attached Show Submission Form should be completed and returned by
Saturday, September 15, 2012. All applications must be received by this
date. No exceptions or extensions are allowed. Please be sure to provide
your updated e-mail information as part of your reply, regardless of whether
or not you submit a show. For each show, please indicate the time slot you
prefer: 1st ­ October 11-20, 2013, 2nd ­ December 6- 15, 2013, 3rd ­
February 14-23, 2014, 4th ­ March 21-30, 2014 and 5th ­ May 16-25, 2014.
Please be aware that ANY of these slots could be allotted to a Youth
Production, so directors should feel free to submit youth options for any of
the available time slots for consideration. Information about cast size is
extremely important. The Committee needs to know the size and breakdown of
the cast you intend to use (i.e. 4 males, 5 females, 10 chorus).

If you have already secured a creative team (musical directors,
choreographers, producers, set and lighting designers, etc.), it will
greatly enhance your overall submission. Of particular importance is the
confirmation of a musical director for each show submitted. If the musical
director you have secured does not play the piano, then you must have ideas
for rehearsal accompanists to assist you on your project. Any other
information that you feel would assist the Committee should be added under
the ³Comments² section of the Show Submission Form. Information in this
section may include comments on suitability of plot, costume or set design,
or any unique production ideas you may have. Please note: if your artistic
vision of a show is different than the universal expectation, you must
present your ideas, in detail, at the time of your submission. It is
imperative that the director¹s artistic concept of the show does not violate
the licensing contract. Availability of rights and royalties are also taken
into consideration.

SLOC Show Submission 2013-2014
Page 2

SLOC welcomes ALL directors to submit. Prior directing experience at SLOC is
not a requirement. In addition to completing the Show Submission Form,
please attach a current resume including directorial and production
experience.

SLOC requires that each of the key members of the production team (director,
assistant director, producer, musical director, choreographer and stage
manager) sign a criminal history form. This is required in order to ensure a
safe, secure working environment for all production members.

SLOC provides each production with an artistic budget (currently $4,000.00),
which is to be used for sets, costumes, props, makeup, and other production
artistic and technical expenses. In addition, the company pays for the show
royalties, pit orchestra, publicity, programs, photo shoots, and other
administrative overhead costs. If a production team wishes to obtain funds
beyond their normal budget, they must submit a proposal to the SLOC Finance
Committee for any special expenses.

The Committee will present their recommendation to the SLOC Board of
Directors for approval in October, 2012. In considering SLOC¹s 2013-2014
season, the Committee is looking to present a group of shows that are
diverse in style (something for everyone); therefore, please consider all
categories when making your submissions. Examples of various styles include,
but are not limited to: classics/²chestnuts², regional premieres, operettas,
rock operas, family favorites, musical revues and more. The SLOC Board of
Directors will make the final determination regarding the approved
submissions, and notification will be given to selected directors in
writing.

We would like to thank you in advance for taking the time and effort to
consider a submission for our upcoming season. Please forward all submission
to Jane Figueroa at either jane.c.figueroa at gmail.com (preferred) or 7 Santa
Lane, Schenectady, NY 12306. SLOC appreciates your interest and commitment
to helping us provide quality musical theater.

Sincerely,

Jane Figueroa

SLOC Co-Chairpersons, Show Recommendation Committee (518) 428-9500, (518)
462-1798

SLOC MUSICAL THEATER

Show Submission 2013-2014 Season

www.sloctheater.org

SHOW SUBMISSION FORM

Submission Deadline: September 15, 2012

Name ________________________________________
Phone_________________________________
Address ________________________________________________________________
E-mail Address __________________________________________________________

Please select all that apply
*
* ___  I am interested in directing for the 2013-2014 season.
*
* ___  I am not interested in directing for the 2013-2014 season.
*
* ___  Please retain my name on the Director list for future seasons.
*
* ___  Please remove my name from the Director list for future seasons.
*
* ___  If not chosen to direct, I would be willing to work as an Assistant
Director.
*
* ___  If not chosen to direct, I would be willing to work in another
capacity.

Name of Show(s)
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________
Time Slot
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________
Cast Size and Distribution
______________________________
______________________________
______________________________
______________________________
______________________________
______________________________
Production Team:

PAGE 2
SHOW SUBMISSION FORM

Submission Deadline: September 15, 2012

Anticipated Artistic Budget: ________________________ Special
Costs/Technical Needs (please explain in detail): ________________________

Comments: (Please attach additional sheets, as necessary)
Please remember to attach an up-to-date, artistic resume.